Other B4A v4.30 BETA has been released

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
The implemented feature is not what you are thinking about. There is a new Cancel button in the device selection dialog (the dialog that appears when there are multiple connected devices). You are talking about a general "cancel compilation" feature. Such a feature was not implemented yet.
My mistake, indeed.

Laurent95

Licensed User
Hi Erel,
Something i have see on the beta version.
I know maybe it's not the good place for that, but i haven't find any place where a discuss is opened about the beta version.

The beta seems introduce elapse time for the execution of code.
And also with DateTime function some weird results are returned.
I don't know why, i have try with B4A v3.82, B4A v4.0 at min 2 or 3 time on each version, and with the beta the result for the elapsed time give weird result.

See the print screens attached and also i put the code i use to my workaround for test with.
I hope i am enough clear about what happen. I discover it because, as i note on print screen, i have 2 of my own widgets who run on tablet. They have a clock inside and their service start each minute respectively. See the log in print screen, that's why i see it's not the good result.

I can't do more tests because, it's late there in France and also the server start to return error, i think they do batch in middle of night on it.
I do my tests with a real device, Tablet ACER Iconia 210.
My Windows is 8 but i think it's not related to.

Thanks for explain why this result with DateTime functions in the beta version.

During my workaround i got, i note it on print screens, 1 hour more in the result of elapsed time with DateTime function. Which mistake i do for have that ?

Another question, why the version 4.30 beta 1 ? I have missed something, i have the B4A version 4.0 before ?

Regards, Laurent.

Attachments

Last edited:

mrred128

Licensed User
Is/are there plans to extend the editor type completion to the #if java areas? This would be a big bonus to the already useful addition.

Laurent95

Licensed User
Please start new threads for questions / issues / feature requests.

@Laurent95 if you can post a small project that demonstrates the issue.
Hi Erel,

I have posted already the Zip file of my project with the first message.
It's the project that i test for see that.
But sorry, many print screens are on it also, it's maybe you don't see the Zip :)

If you test with the project who is attached you can see there is a difference when you do it with precedent version and the beta for the elapsed time.
With the beta it's always a bit inexact, not so much but several seconds each time.
I mean difference between the real time and the elapsed time returned by the DateTime function, not the time to get the http response of course.

Regards, Laurent.

Last edited:

asales

Licensed User
In previous versions, if I click in IDE editor after compile, the compile dialog is close automatically.
In the 4.30 this does not works. I need to click in Close button to close the dialog.
It's possible configure it to use the previous behaviour (close it automatically)?