Other B4A v6.00 BETA has been released!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4A v6.00 BETA. This is an important update that advances B4A together with Google's latest innovations.

New features and improvements:

Android SDK repositories should be installed: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/integrating-firebase-services.67692/

This is a beta version. Please make sure to backup existing projects.

Thank you for your help. Issues should be posted in the questions forum.

Users who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with installation instructions.

Last edited:

kostas3001

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great Job, Erel!!!
Then, if I have a library for Android (Interaxon MUSE EEG), and transform it to AAR Libary with the aim of Android Studio, can I use this library directly with B4A v6 BETA?

Upvote 0

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
CreateResourceFromFile manifest editor command: converts the Json file from Google services to a resource file.

Does this only work for the JSON file from Google services or are other file types (like png images) supported?

Upvote 0

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4A v6.00 BETA. This is an important update that advances B4A together with Google's latest innovations.

New features and improvements:

Android SDK repositories should be installed: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/integrating-firebase-services.67692/

This is a beta version. Please make sure to backup existing projects.

Thank you for your help. Issues should be posted in the questions forum.

Users who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with installation instructions.

Does B4X Browser support all of it's features?

Upvote 0

Prosg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

maybe a stupid question but... We could now use Firebase database instead of mysql database ? I see auth, facebook, ads but not database... in sample

Regards

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
really so why use firebase ?
Firebase offers a set of features. Some of them are currently supported and some aren't.

The currently supported features:
- Analytics + crash reports
- Authentication (Google + Facebook)
- RemoteConfig - Thank you Don!
- Ads
- Push notifications

If you need any of these services then use Firebase. If not then don't.

Upvote 0

fredo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:
Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

i noticed that the compiling time with b4a 6.0 Beta is taking much longer then previous versions.

Convert byte code - optimized dex. (15.88s)

sometimes the Convert byte code process takes 20sec.

is this normal?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The compilation time is the same as before (or actually faster as it doesn't need to reference all of google play services).

I guess that previously you didn't use any library that depended on google play services.

You can increase the optimized dexer memory (MaxRamForDex in the ini file). It will make it faster.

Upvote 0