Other B4A v6.50 has been released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4A v6.50!

FontAwesome and Material Icons fonts with more than 1500 icons are now integrated in the IDE:

SS-2016-11-30_17.17.30.png

upload_2016-11-30_17-20-14-png.50504

You can see more information here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-fontawesome-material-icons-fonts.72908/

- New auto format feature:

test-gif.50326

The formatting happens when you paste code (can be disabled) or when clicking on Alt + F. In the later case the enclosing sub will be formatted or the selected code if the selected text is not empty.

Other improvements:

• Block autocomplete improved. It better handles nested blocks and also completes #If and #Region keywords.
  • Manifest editor support for #Region blocks.
  • Service can extend custom classes with the #Extends attribute. This makes it simpler to create libraries that extend services. Example: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/example-of-extends-in-service.74880/
  • View.Padding property. Sets the distances between the view's borders and the content. It can also be set in the designer.

SS-2016-12-01_12.49.37.png

• PhoneSensors.Accuracy and TimeStamp properties. Return the values of the current event.
  • OkHttp v1.02 - Fixes an issue where headers were not available when the response status code was not 2xx.
  • Application.Icon property - Returns the application icon as a bitmap.
  • Jumping to a bookmark moves the bookmark to the center of the editor.
  • B4ABuilder - The output parameter supports passing the full path instead of just the APK name.
    Note that you need to quote the parameter like this if there is space in the path:
    B4X:
    B4ABuilder -task=Build "-output=C:\APK Folder\MyApp.apk"
  • Bug fixes and other minor improvements.

There were changes in the layout files format. Layouts saved in v6.50 cannot be loaded in previous versions of B4A.

Customers who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with installation instructions. Other users will receive an email with an upgrade offer.

Last edited:

kokoroayo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Erel. Ive had to upload so many images just to achieve this making my apps a bit bloated. With this I can review some of them.

Thank you once again.

Upvote 0

Scotter

Licensed User
Thank you so much!
I'm really glad I decided to buy B4A and B4i.
- I love the way the software works.
- The support is fast.
- The thriving, generous, responsive forum community has helped sooo much! I want to give a special shout out to Erel and Klaus https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/members/klaus.904/ Your generous help has saved me a huge number of hours! And for those who's names I don't remember, thank you, too!

Upvote 0

NeoTechni

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a way to turn off the autoformatting when typing? It's really disagreeing with the formatting/tabbing I use already...

Upvote 0

Aidan Ruff

Licensed User
Longtime User

FontAwesome and Material Icons fonts with more than 1500 icons are now integrated in the IDE:

You can see more information here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-fontawesome-material-icons-fonts.72908/

test-gif.50326

The formatting happens when you paste code (can be disabled) or when clicking on Alt + F. In the later case the enclosing sub will be formatted or the selected code if the selected text is not empty.

Other improvements:

• Block autocomplete improved. It better handles nested blocks and also completes #If and #Region keywords.
  • Service can extend custom classes with the #Extends attribute. This makes it simpler to create libraries that extend services. A modified version of NotificationListener library is attached as an example.
  • View.Padding property. Sets the distances between the view's borders and the content. It can also be set in the designer.

• PhoneSensors.Accuracy and TimeStamp properties. Return the values of the current event.
  • OkHttp v1.02 - Fixes an issue where headers were not available when the response status code was not 2xx.
  • B4ABuilder - The output parameter supports passing the full path instead of just the APK name.
    Note that you need to quote the parameter like this if there is space in the path:
    B4X:

There were changes in the layout files format. Layouts saved in v6.50 cannot be loaded in previous versions of B4A.

Customers who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with installation instructions. Other users will receive an email with an upgrade offer.
h

test-gif.50326

Other improvements:

• Service can extend custom classes with the #Extends attribute. This makes it simpler to create libraries that extend services. A modified version of NotificationListener library is attached as an example.

B4X:

When will you be sending out the download link to the new version?
Thanks

Upvote 0

PhilipBrown

Licensed User
Longtime User
Service can extend custom classes with the #Extends attribute. This makes it simpler to create libraries that extend services. A modified version of NotificationListener library is attached as an example.

Two points:
1) Trivial point: the NotificationListener library was not attached here, although it was to the 6.50 Beta announcement
2) More significant question: the above library is java and so does not show use of #Extends. The only example I can find which uses NotificationListener does not use #Extends.
So anyone got an example of the use of #Extends ?

Upvote 0