Other B4A v6.80 BETA has been released!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4A v6.80 BETA. This update includes many improvements that will make it easier for developers to develop great Android applications:

• CharSequence as internal type. Allows showing rich text in many places such as: Labels, toast messages, dialogs, ListView and others.

upload_2017-2-14_12-30-39-png.52855

• CSBuilder - Simplifies the creation of rich text CharSequences: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/charsequence-csbuilder-tutorial.76226/#content
  • Support for MultiDex - With MultiDex enabled there is no limit to the number of methods or fields. This issue is important for large projects that reference many third party libraries. https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/multidex-solves-the-too-many-methods-error.76431/
  • OkHttp updated and is now based on OkHttp v3.50.
  • Many improvements to B4A-Bridge:

upload_2017-2-17_13-20-41-png.52958
    • Auto discovery - Devices running B4A-Bridge are discovered automatically and are listed in the devices list with their names.
    • Logs - The logs implementation was rewritten. Logs reading with B4A-Bridge is more stable and it is also possible to read the unfiltered logs (limited to the running process).
    • #BridgeLogger attribute - When set to true, logs will be available in release mode as well as debug mode.
    • Landscape layout.
    • Download progress bar.
    • File Explorer menu shortcut.
  • Find all references (F7) finds references in layout files and CallSub methods.
  • Typeface.FONTAWESOME / MATERIALICONS constants.
  • Icon picker - Filter field and icons tool tips:

SS-2017-02-09_12.29.05.png

• CallSubUtils is included as a library.
  • Menu click event implementation changed to avoid issues with modal dialogs.
  • Release and Debug compilation symbols are supported in the manifest editor and designer script.
  • Export as zip keeps the original dates.
  • Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
Make sure to update to B4A-Bridge v2.30+: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=anywheresoftware.b4a.b4abridge

This is a beta version.
An email with upgrade instructions will be sent to developers who are eligible for a free upgrade.

Issues / bug reports should be posted as new threads in the questions forum.

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a way to clear the existing IP address' now that we have auto discovery
It maintains a list of the last 10 ip addresses used. The only way to clear them is by editing the ini file. Once you click on the relevant menu item it will jump to the top of the list.

I have opened a project developed in Version 6.5 and noticed that a ImageView disappears from Visual Designer on the connected device when I switch to the script mode, and don't show up again even when I get out of script mode.
This happens only with a pre-existing ImageView. ImageViews added with the new designer version behaves ok.
Make sure that the visible property of the view is checked. If it still happens then please start a new thread and I'll further investigate it.

Upvote 0

Gunther

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great! Finally the Bridge is doing the good things with the IDE together, but unfortunately there is still no option for "screen always on" (PhoneWakeState) ;)

I like the heartbeat ! :eek:

Greetings, Gunther

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Claudio Oliveira

Licensed User
Longtime User
It maintains a list of the last 10 ip addresses used. The only way to clear them is by editing the ini file. Once you click on the relevant menu item it will jump to the top of the list.

Make sure that the visible property of the view is checked. If it still happens then please start a new thread and I'll further investigate it.

Yeah. You're right. Stupid me...
Sorry.
Thanks

Upvote 0

Multiverse app

Licensed User
Longtime User
Error in Notification Listener library:-

B4A line: 33
If listener.HandleIntent(StartingIntent) Then Ret
javac 1.8.0_60
src\com\multiverse\jarvis\notificationservice.java:252: error: cannot find symbol
if (_listener.HandleIntent(_startingintent)) {
^
symbol: method HandleIntent(IntentWrapper)

B4X:
Sub Service_Start (StartingIntent As Intent)
    If listener.HandleIntent(StartingIntent) Then Return 'Line 33
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dar2o3

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have had a couple of problems with beta 1, I just downloaded beta 3 and I do not find any problems.

Upvote 0