Other B4A v7.30 has been released!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4A v7.30. This is the first localizable version of B4A.

A big thank you to all the great translators!

SS-2017-08-21_11.39.30.png

This update includes many improvements:

• Localizable IDE. Currently available in 23 languages.
  • Bitmap type:
  • New ResumableSub type. Makes it simple to return values from resumable subs and to wait for resumable subs to complete.
    https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-resumable-subs-that-return-values-resumablesub.82670/
  • EditText - SelectionLength and SetSelection methods.
  • SingleLine property added to Label, Button and other views that inherit from Label.
  • Ellipsize property:

SS-2017-08-10_12.49.17.png

• View.SetVisibleAnimated affects the alpha level and the Visible property.
  • Warnings for illegal methods in Process_Globals.
  • Async dialogs are supported in classes.
  • Compiled libraries can reference AAR libraries.
  • Icon picker - aliases added to FontAwesome icons.
  • Auto complete and auto format improvements.
  • PhoneCalls (Phone library) - READ_CALL_LOG permission removed. It was added by mistake in a previous update.
  • Canvas.AntiAlias property to enable or disable antialiasing.
  • View.SetBackgroundImage returns a BitmapDrawable object. This allows changing the Gravity to CENTER instead of the default FILL value.
    B4X:
    'load a background image while maintaining its aspect ratio.
    Dim bd As BitmapDrawable = Activity.SetBackgroundImage(LoadBitmapResize(File.DirAssets, "bg.png", Activity.Width, Activity.Height, True))
    bd.Gravity = Gravity.CENTER
  • OkHttpUtils v2.61 - Job.GetBitmapResize and PATCH, HEAD and DELETE requests.
  • Improvements to the layouts loader engine. It is more flexible with the variables types and a bit faster. This feature will allow to add cross platform views types.
  • Administrator v1.10 - Adds support for owner apps. This update requires a change in the manifest editor. Instructions and copy of previous version are available here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/device-administrator-library.19208/#content
  • Bug fixes, including an important debugger bug, and other minor improvements.

Developers who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with upgrade instructions.

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
I´m very glad to appear on credits :)

Upvote 0

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, thanks for the update.

Will this new version compatible with projects from old version?

I have projects that builds with old version, mostly they are OK with new version but one of the project, when rebuild again with version 7 had a problem.

One of its third party library didn't compatible with version 7, luckily i got library's source codes so it can be rebuild again with version 7.

How about this one? Any particular things i should aware to avoid the same problem?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
please how could i obtain that new version ?
If you have a 2 year subscription then you should get an email with downloadlink.
If you have only 2 month subscription (then i guess it has ended already) then you should get an email-offer for a new subscription.
Otherwise you can contact [email protected] to ask for a quote.

Upvote 0

Widget

Licensed User
Longtime User
I noticed the email I received to download the 7.3 update, was malformed in my email program. This is the first time this has happened with any of these B4A updates. The links also did not work. So I redirected the email to my browser and it too did not look correct and the links did not work. I did a jpeg screenshot of the email in my browser and this is what it looks like. (I had to select the text so it was readable otherwise it is black text on a dark brown background). I examined the HTML code and found the URL for the download and managed to download the update that way.

Am I the only one who was affected by this?

Attachments

• Ver_730_EMail.jpg
    Ver_730_EMail.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 846
Upvote 0