B4Android v2.2 RichStringFormatter

wes58

Licensed User
Longtime User
A few questions.
After upgrading to version 2.20 and recompiling application, RichStringFormatter doesn't work. The code hasn't changed but the strings in the widget lost formatting - tokens are displayed as strings.

Is there any way to go back to old menu style - the menu displayed only when menu button is pressed and not having menu items displayed on actionbar?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
After upgrading to version 2.20 and recompiling application, RichStringFormatter doesn't work. The code hasn't changed but the strings in the widget lost formatting - tokens are displayed as strings.
Can you post your code?

Is there any way to go back to old menu style - the menu displayed only when menu button is pressed and not having menu items displayed on actionbar?
You can remove android:targetSdkVersion="14" from the manifest editor.

Upvote 0

wes58

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you post your code?

Hi Erel,
I found the problem. It wasn't the new version of b4Android. It was B4ACoder that inserted spaces in the tags.

You can remove android:targetSdkVersion="14" from the manifest editor.
I wanted to keep SdkVersion 14 as I used with version 2.02 of B4Android.
For me, since I have Galaxy S3 which has a dedicated hardware button for menu, this is the best option to have menu items activated by Menu button and only display them when I want to use them. Especially, that I have more than 3 item on the Menu. So three items appear in the action bar and the rest still is activated by the menu.

Upvote 0