B4A Library B4APhotoPager v3.85

FrankBerra

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using PhotoPager for a while and everything works almost perfectly, but now that my app is close to the launch i am looking everything with more attention.
I noticed that the quality of loaded images is low compared to images loaded with stock gallery. I tried CompressFormat="PNG" and CompressQuality=100 but nothing changes...also CompressQuality=0 gives no results...?!?! (The problem occours also in V. 3.80)
(I am loading images in WEBP format)

What can i do for increasing quality in PhotoPager?

==========

Ciao, sto utilizzanto PhotoPager da parecchio tempo e tutto funziona perfettamente ma adesso che la mia app è prossima al lancio sto controllando tutto con più attenzione. Ho notato che la qualità delle immaggini caricate in PhotoPager è inferiore rispetto alla qualità che riscontro aprendo le immagini con la galleria di sistema.
Ho provato le impostazioni CompressFormat="PNG" e CompressQuality=100 ma non è cambiato nulla...nemmeno CompressQuality=0 produce alcun risultato...?!?!? (Il problema lo riscontro anche nella ultima versione 3.80...perplesso sono)
(Carico e visualizzo immagini nel formato WEBP)

Cosa posso fare per aumentare la qualità delle foto visualizzate in PhotoPager?

Comunque, complimenti per il tuo prezioso contributo alla community!

lonleystar

Licensed User
Longtime User

Hi Franco, honestly I can't tell you now. When I add a new command I use the demo I posted.
Thank you for reporting this issue tomorrow I will give him a look and I'll let You know.

best regard

Giuseppe.

P.S

By default CompressFormat is png and CompressQuality is 100 You should use these two just to change format and reduce the compression.

FrankBerra

Licensed User
Longtime User
Grande Giuseppe! Ottimo lavoro, grazie!

Super! Now the quality of the displayed images is good! Thank you!

Anyway is it possible to disable the new feature "zoom is reset when the page is changing" or at least apply the reset only when the transition from one page to another is finished and the previous image is not visible anymore?

Last edited:

lonleystar

Licensed User
Longtime User

Hi FranK, if I disable the reset zoom, means you have to scroll through 2 pages to get the reset of the previous page.

I don't understand why the previous image is no visible after the Transition to me work fine I don't have this issue.

FrankBerra

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi FranK, if I disable the reset zoom, means you have to scroll through 2 pages to get the reset of the previous page.
Let me give a suggestion: I am using horizontalCube transition and if i zoom an image near its border and I try to drag the image (maybe by mistake) the transition starts and the reset of the zoom kicks in. This is not a nice behaviour. I suggest to you to reset the zoom of the image only when it is not visible anymore (simply when the transition from one photo to another is finished)

I don't understand why the previous image is no visible after the Transition to me work fine I don't have this issue.
No i am not experiencing this issue, i was just suggesting you to reset the zoom of an image AFTER the transition (Horizontal Cube transition) is finished.

And also: if i zoom an image and then i drag the zoomed image horizontally with two fingers the images zoom is reset

Another issue i discovered is that on recent devices (Oneplus3) the quality of displayed images is now perfect but on old devices (for example Samsung Galaxy S2) the quality of images is low also with V3.85

Thank you for your support

Last edited:

lonleystar

Licensed User
Longtime User

Hi Frank, I know what you mean I solved the issue of reset because a Member asked to solve it.

I've never tried on a samsung s2, but I can tell you I tried it on the galaxy tab gt-p1000 and s3 with android gingerbread and work fine.

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Giuseppe.
If you havent "ic_error.png" in Files folder the wrapper dont work.
Maybe is better that you fix this or add this in documentation.
Thank you
Ciao
Marco

lonleystar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Giuseppe.
If you havent "ic_error.png" in Files folder the wrapper dont work.
Maybe is better that you fix this or add this in documentation.
Thank you
Ciao
Marco
Of course, you should put an icon in the resources folder that you want to appear when an error is encountered.
I didn't put it because internet contains thousands of icons and allow you to choose the icon you like to show by ( PhotoPager.SetImageOnFail = "Any Icons" ).

Certamente dovresti mettere un'icona nella cartella delle risorse che desideri che venga visualizzata quando viene rilevato un errore. Io Non l'ho messo perché internet contiene migliaia di icone e lasciare a tutti coloro che usano quasto plugin di scegliere l'icona che piu piace che sia visualizzata.

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for your reply.
Anyway, i think that you should add it in the documentation #1. To understand the problem was it took me half an hour.
In any case, THE LIBRARY IS GREAT ( really good work @lonleystar ).

Grazie per la tua risposta, in ogni caso se aggiungi questo particolare nella documentazione #1 aiuterai gli altri ad evitare di perdere una mezz'oretta di tempo.
La libreria è davvero Ottima ( davvero un ottimo lavoro )

lonleystar

Licensed User
Longtime User

Hi Marco, If you see in the post #1 at the end you will find:

• SetImageForEmptyUri As String [write only]
    Sets own icon on loading. - Show the icon before loading the image
  • SetImageOnFail As String [write only]
    Sets own icon on fail. - Show the icon error when it encounters an error
Anyway Thanks to you.

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes i see. But i did not realize that without "icon" the library dont work. I thought it was an option.
Anyway again Thank you very much for this great wrapper

Ferdari

Licensed User
Longtime User

I was stuck on this for hours realizing what is wrong, thanks for tip, lonelystar should mention it

if you dont write this like in the example:

PhotoPager.SetImageForEmptyUri(YourImage.png)
PhotoPager.SetImageOnFail(YourImage.png)

and not copied the files empty_photo.png, ic_error.png, icon.png
the phone just goes blackscreen and starts heatingup trying something on initialize().

please tell its mandatory to use SetImageForEmptyUri and SetImageOnFail if not copied the files.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…