iOS Question b4i-bridge installation - unable to download application

Hilton

Licensed User
Hi folks,

I have been through what seems to be most of the installation process but when installing the b4i-bridge I get the message on the ipad mini I am using:

UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
"B4i-Bridge" could not be installed at this time.

I have been over all the steps a few times but cannot see my error.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Hilton.

Hilton

Licensed User
Does your device run iOS 7+?
Are you using the hosted builder?

The other things to check:
- B4I certificate is installed (Settings - General - Profiles).
- Mobile provisioning file includes your device UDID.
I am using my wife's iPad Mini and forgot to check the ios version.
Upgraded it to 8 and things seem to be working.
The newness of it all is a bit confusing (specially new terminology), however, that will improve with time.
Thanks for your help!

Bye,
Hilton.

androidtom

Licensed User
I'm getting the unable to download application as well. It must be a certificate issue since I can download the ipa file using instructions in another thread, however I wish I can use iTunes to install it. According to what I read there is no iTunes on the iPad 3. I have tried regenerating the certificates and provisioning files with my UDID again but it's a no go. I'm new at this so I'm sure there is something wrong with my interpretation of the instructions. This is on IOS 8.1 on an iPad 3 with the hosted builder. I've also installed and deleted and reinstalled the B4I certificate a few times.

androidtom

Licensed User
Issue resolved. I erased the contents of the keys folder and began again. This time I did not get the "unable to download" message. In Safari clicking on the install circle gives a another box promoting for cancel or install. This was where I was getting the "unable to download" message. Now clicking on install resulted in nothing happening at all. When I switched to the Chrome browser and did the same thing, the bridge successfully installed. Not sure why Chrome worked and Safari didn't but for now I am over this hurdle.

omoba

Licensed User
Be sure that you have the correct UDID.

I downloaded 3 app and got 3 different numbers.

So I decided to downloaded Itunes and connected my PC to the iPad got the correct UDID and finally got B4i-Bridge to install.

I would suggest using only itunes

http://whatsmyudid.com/

Make sure you regenerate and download new iOS Provisioning Profile using the profile with correct UDID

BluelineDev

Licensed User
Hi all,

I have a problem installing B4I example application(s) e.g. MyFirstProgram on my IPad (tried several of them all giving the same problem).
I was able to compile and install B4I-Bridge app on my IPad, MyFirstProgram compiles without errors but when installing on my IPad the installation starts but stops with a message UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION "MyFirstProgram" could not be installed at this time.

If I choose Tools-Release app the app installs without problem and works OK.

I tried with and without B4I-Bridge installed on my IPad and installing the app with safari or Chrome pointing to 192.168.1.23:51041 (the address of the B4IBulder.jar after starting on my Local Mac).

There is enough space left on my IPad 1.3 GB

BluelineDev

Licensed User