iOS Question b4i-bridge installation - unable to download application

Hilton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi folks,

I have been through what seems to be most of the installation process but when installing the b4i-bridge I get the message on the ipad mini I am using:

UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
"B4i-Bridge" could not be installed at this time.

I have been over all the steps a few times but cannot see my error.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Hilton.

Hilton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Does your device run iOS 7+?
Are you using the hosted builder?

The other things to check:
- B4I certificate is installed (Settings - General - Profiles).
- Mobile provisioning file includes your device UDID.
I am using my wife's iPad Mini and forgot to check the ios version.
Upgraded it to 8 and things seem to be working.
The newness of it all is a bit confusing (specially new terminology), however, that will improve with time.
Thanks for your help!

Bye,
Hilton.

Upvote 0

androidtom

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm getting the unable to download application as well. It must be a certificate issue since I can download the ipa file using instructions in another thread, however I wish I can use iTunes to install it. According to what I read there is no iTunes on the iPad 3. I have tried regenerating the certificates and provisioning files with my UDID again but it's a no go. I'm new at this so I'm sure there is something wrong with my interpretation of the instructions. This is on IOS 8.1 on an iPad 3 with the hosted builder. I've also installed and deleted and reinstalled the B4I certificate a few times.

Upvote 0

androidtom

Licensed User
Longtime User
Issue resolved. I erased the contents of the keys folder and began again. This time I did not get the "unable to download" message. In Safari clicking on the install circle gives a another box promoting for cancel or install. This was where I was getting the "unable to download" message. Now clicking on install resulted in nothing happening at all. When I switched to the Chrome browser and did the same thing, the bridge successfully installed. Not sure why Chrome worked and Safari didn't but for now I am over this hurdle.

Upvote 0

omoba

Licensed User
Longtime User
Be sure that you have the correct UDID.

I downloaded 3 app and got 3 different numbers.

So I decided to downloaded Itunes and connected my PC to the iPad got the correct UDID and finally got B4i-Bridge to install.

I would suggest using only itunes

http://whatsmyudid.com/

Make sure you regenerate and download new iOS Provisioning Profile using the profile with correct UDID

Upvote 0

BluelineDev

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

I have a problem installing B4I example application(s) e.g. MyFirstProgram on my IPad (tried several of them all giving the same problem).
I was able to compile and install B4I-Bridge app on my IPad, MyFirstProgram compiles without errors but when installing on my IPad the installation starts but stops with a message UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION "MyFirstProgram" could not be installed at this time.

If I choose Tools-Release app the app installs without problem and works OK.

I tried with and without B4I-Bridge installed on my IPad and installing the app with safari or Chrome pointing to 192.168.1.23:51041 (the address of the B4IBulder.jar after starting on my Local Mac).

There is enough space left on my IPad 1.3 GB

Upvote 0

BluelineDev

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0