iOS Question B4i-Bridge (Landscape?)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

i am trying to build my layout in the designer connected to my iPad. but b4i-bridge seems not to support landscape mode. is that true?
if i rotate my iPad it stays on portrait.

thanx

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I set B4i-Bridge using B4i 6.5 or 6.8 (don't remember exactly). No problems with landscape mode on iPhone and in Simuator.

i am using v6.8 but rotating the ipad does not rotate the app.
here it is not working. (on simulator i have no problems, there is no issue with the server its just the Bridge App)

Upvote 0

Semen Matusovskiy

Licensed User
When you compile B4i-Bridge, did you use
B4X:
    #iPhoneOrientations: Portrait, LandscapeLeft, LandscapeRight
    #iPadOrientations: Portrait, LandscapeLeft, LandscapeRight, PortraitUpsideDown
    #Target: iPhone, iPad

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When you compile B4i-Bridge, did you use
B4X:
    #iPhoneOrientations: Portrait, LandscapeLeft, LandscapeRight
    #iPadOrientations: Portrait, LandscapeLeft, LandscapeRight, PortraitUpsideDown

yes

B4X:
    #iPhoneOrientations: LandscapeLeft, LandscapeRight
    #iPadOrientations: LandscapeLeft, LandscapeRight

when i run the app it is fine, i am only talking about the development process where i create the UI in the designer. the bridge app is always in portrait.
so i cannot use a physical device like this so i use the simulator.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i just noticed that on my iphone 11 the bridge app is rotating when i rotate my phone but on my ipad it is not. maybe i need to rebuild the app on my ipad.
again i am not talking when i COMPILE the app only when i build the UI in the designer.

Upvote 0

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User
when i run the app it is fine, i am only talking about the development process where i create the UI in the designer. the bridge app is always in portrait.
so i cannot use a physical device like this so i use the simulator.
If it's locked by erel : there's no way. I use simulator and it do rotate. If you had the source of the b4i bridge you could change the params listed above.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe you lock a rotation in 'Control Center' ? When another apps work (Safari etc), are you able to rotate ?

no it is not locked. other apps works fine. i have ios 14.0.1 i noticed this issue long time ago. reinstall the bridge did not help.
sometimes the bridge also takes the icon from the last build project. i dont know why (but this does not bother me as the landscape issue does)

Upvote 0