iOS Question B4i - Certificates and Hosted Mac Builder concerns

Full HD Streaming

Licensed User
As mentioned before we are new to this and we will appreciate as much help and guidance as you can give us...

We also have some concerns about the certificates we need a developer and also a distributor certificate is that correct?

Once we get them and install them as the current user what are the next steps for B4i to recognize these certificates and start to use the hosting builder?

Please see the attached image...

If you can send or provide us with a step-by-step guide once the project is ready how to compile the project with the hosted builder it would be great!

Thanks!

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Most of your answers will be found here:

In a nutshell: For yourself as a programmer you will need ad hoc but to distribute in AppStore you will need a store mobileprovision file. If they have the standard name then there is notthing more you have to do. If not do this:

B4X:
    #CertificateFile: ios_distribution.cer
    #ProvisionFile: MySavedName.mobileprovision

Upvote 0

Full HD Streaming

Licensed User
Well I'm still struggling with this what a nightmare for a certificate I followed your tutorial and watched it many times (by the way it needs to be updated) and I get the same error when it asks me for a device I point to the one I have it says:

No Devices are available.​

Click "Create Devices." to create a Device. You need a Device to configure a Provisioning Profile.
When I attempt to use the one I have registered it says:
The following devices are either already present and were not modified or contain invalid identifiers.

Upvote 0

Full HD Streaming

Licensed User
I followed your advice and changed the names of the files
#CertificateFile: ios_distribution.cer
#ProvisionFile: MySavedName.mobileprovision but it shows other error like the names or certificates are not matching...

Parsing code. (0.00s)
Building folders structure. (0.05s)
Compiling code. (0.00s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.01s)
Building Xcode project. (0.27s)
Preparing project for builder. Error
Multiple cer files found. You should either rename one to default.cer
or explicitly set the file with #CertificateFile or #ProvisionFile.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Full HD Streaming

Licensed User
And if I change the file names i get this error:
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Compiling code. (0.00s)
Building Xcode project. (0.25s)
Provision profile and certificate do not match.

Upvote 0

Full HD Streaming

Licensed User
And if i change back the names of the files to default i get this error:

Parsing code. (0.00s)
Compiling code. (0.00s)
Building Xcode project. (0.26s)
Multiple cer files found. You should either rename one to default.cer
or explicitly set the file with #CertificateFile or #ProvisionFile.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
These two commands starting with '#' have to be placed in Main just bellow project properties. I cannot understand what might be the problem if you have done everything by the book... I am not sure but this message "...do not match..." might be meaning that you have more than one cer files and more than one mobile provisions and when you pair them in the '#' commands you pair them in an 'X' manner... I mean first .cer with second mobile provision file and second .cer with first provision profile (athough if I remember correctly you may only have one cer file both for ad hoc and AppStore). Just also try to comment out the '#' commands or remove them completely.

Upvote 0

Full HD Streaming

Licensed User
These two commands starting with '#' have to be placed in Main just bellow project properties. I cannot understand what might be the problem if you have done everything by the book... I am not sure but this message "...do not match..." might be meaning that you have more than one cer files and more than one mobile provisions and when you pair them in the '#' commands you pair them in an 'X' manner... I mean first .cer with second mobile provision file and second .cer with first provision profile (athough if I remember correctly you may only have one cer file both for ad hoc and AppStore). Just also try to comment out the '#' commands or remove them completely.
Hi hatzisn I'm new to all of this of using B4i certificates and provision files and it has been a nightmare to be honest is one thing after another but anyway i guess is the learning curve for a beginner

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0