iOS Question B4i - Development using a local Mac machine - Problems with OS version and Xcode version

Carlos Huerta

Licensed User
Longtime User
Greetings!

First of all, thanks to Erel and all the people related with the development of this tool and the amazings libraries and examples found on this forum. For my questions, I'm gonna write a short version of my problem. If there is a lack of crucial information that you need to know, feel free to ask ^^.

• Problem: I can't execute B4IBuildServer (Version 8.10) because I got the message "Failed to find xcode version". Trying to update Xcode (executing the app at least one time for updating issues) to is latest version, I can't install it because my laptop (MacBook Air (2017)) got the version #12.6.5 of macOS (Monterey), and Xcode is telling me that It needs at least a macOS 13.0 or later (Ventura). And sadly, my MacBook Air can't execute Ventura (At least with normal update methods).
  • Question:
    • 1) Is there something that I can do to resolve this issue with my actual macbook?.
    • 2) If I choose to resolve my problem using the option of a hosted mac builder, is it possible to make and Ad hoc app and install it on a local iPhone?. I'm asking this because my apps are only for some people who brings theirs phones to me (Using a cable and the Apple Configurator tool to install it). This is why I choose "Ad hoc" distribution provision profile instead of the "App store" type.
    • 3) If getting a new MacBook resolve all this issues, but I can't afford a new one right now, Is it a good idea to try a virtual machine on my personal laptop with Windows on it, using maybe Oracle VM Virtualbox, and getting the last ISO (macOS Ventura) ?
In an ideal scenario, I would suggest to upgrade everything (From B4I 8.10 -> 8.30) and maybe adquire a new macbook (This is my solution but it's escapes from my budget). Right now I'm now downloading a ISO file containing the macOS Ventura files for an virtual machine and try that, but I'm eager to read any suggestions you have.

Thanks again and feel free to correct me if I'm doing something wrong.

grant1842

Licensed User
Longtime User
Look at this

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using MacBook Pro 2015 with macOS Monterey version 12.6.6 (just updated from 12.6.5)
XCode 14.2
B4iBuilder 8.10 runs on this settings. B4i version 8.30 is installed.
Sometimes you get the message "Failed to find xcode version" but you can solve it by closing the terminal, run XCode and install additional packages then run the B4iBuilder again in terminal.

Upvote 0

Carlos Huerta

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using MacBook Pro 2015 with macOS Monterey version 12.6.6 (just updated from 12.6.5)
XCode 14.2
B4iBuilder 8.10 runs on this settings. B4i version 8.30 is installed.
Sometimes you get the message "Failed to find xcode version" but you can solve it by closing the terminal, run XCode and install additional packages then run the B4iBuilder again in terminal.

Wow! Thanks so much @aeric, I'm gonna try this as soon as possible!. 🤗

Upvote 0