iOS Question B4i Hosted Mac Builder Issue

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by paris7162, Apr 30, 2019.

1. paris7162

paris7162 Member Licensed User

I'm tired of writing Apps in B4a and Xcode so I decided to try B4i. I've been paying for it for 2 years but never used it. I finally get around to getting it installed and I can't get past the installation of the bridge. I use a Mac so I tried the local build also and get the same error.

I've been using Certificates and Provisioning Profiles for 5 years and have never had issues creating or using them. When I copy everything to the Keys folder I get the error below.

error: Missing private key for signing certificate. Failed to locate the private key matching certificate "iPhone Developer: PARIS PINKNEY (L8CZ6Y5V3Q)" in the keychain. To sign with this signing certificate, install its private key in your keychain. If you don't have the private key, select a different signing certificate for CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY in the build settings editor. (in target 'B4iProject')

How do I get past this part?

Attached Files:

2. Amin Ismail

Amin Ismail Member Licensed User

I recall getting a similar error a while back when I moved from XCODE to B4I. The problem was that I was trying to use Mac/XCODE procedures to generate the certificate. If I remember correctly, I solved the problem by starting with a clean slate and forgetting about how things are done on the Mac. I used B4I to create the Private Key: Tools -> Private Sign Key then used this to obtain the certificate. Erel's tutorial video can be of invaluable help:

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...icate-and-provisioning-profile.45880/#content

Hope this helps!

3. paris7162

I've started the process anew at least 10 times. I've created many private sign keys with the password. I don't where you use the private sign key to get the certificate. I don't see where you have to add it with Apple Developer from Erel's Tutorial.

Also, you can't just create a wildcard App ID with the asterisk. You have to have a word there, then the asterisk after the word now. I don't know if any of this makes the difference.

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

1. Start with the hosted builder.

2. Post the full error message (as text).

5. paris7162

I tried a different account this time and got the same error.

B4i Version: 5.51
    Parsing code. (0.00s)
    Building folders structure. (0.03s)
    Compiling code. (0.01s)
    Compiling layouts code. (0.00s)
    Compiling debugger engine code. (0.64s)
    Building Xcode project (0.18s)
    Sending data to remote compiler. Error
    Out: Build settings from command line:
    ARCHS = arm64
    CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone Distribution: PPIC, Inc. (938DQ9AGXU)
    CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload
    OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain <user id>
    PRODUCT_NAME = FirstApp
    PROVISIONING_PROFILE = ee39768f-1817-4e6d-8b89-4801551dc228

note: Using new build system
    note: Planning build
    note: Constructing build description
    Build system information
    error: Missing private key for signing certificate. Failed to locate the private key matching certificate "iPhone Distribution: PPIC, Inc. (938DQ9AGXU)" in the keychain. To sign with this signing certificate, install its private key in your keychain. If you don't have the private key, select a different signing certificate for CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY in the build settings editor. (in target 'B4iProject')

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

6. paris7162

Nevermind. I just figured it out. I was missing the upload csr part. I was uploading one if my xcode csrs that had the same name. Thanks for all of your help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice