iOS Question B4i Hosted Mac Builder Issue

paris7162

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm tired of writing Apps in B4a and Xcode so I decided to try B4i. I've been paying for it for 2 years but never used it. I finally get around to getting it installed and I can't get past the installation of the bridge. I use a Mac so I tried the local build also and get the same error.

I've been using Certificates and Provisioning Profiles for 5 years and have never had issues creating or using them. When I copy everything to the Keys folder I get the error below.

error: Missing private key for signing certificate. Failed to locate the private key matching certificate "iPhone Developer: PARIS PINKNEY (L8CZ6Y5V3Q)" in the keychain. To sign with this signing certificate, install its private key in your keychain. If you don't have the private key, select a different signing certificate for CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY in the build settings editor. (in target 'B4iProject')

How do I get past this part?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 6.38.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 6.38.14 PM.png
    117.8 KB · Views: 186
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 6.38.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 6.38.23 PM.png
    75 KB · Views: 192

aminoacid

Licensed User
Longtime User
I recall getting a similar error a while back when I moved from XCODE to B4I. The problem was that I was trying to use Mac/XCODE procedures to generate the certificate. If I remember correctly, I solved the problem by starting with a clean slate and forgetting about how things are done on the Mac. I used B4I to create the Private Key: Tools -> Private Sign Key then used this to obtain the certificate. Erel's tutorial video can be of invaluable help:

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...icate-and-provisioning-profile.45880/#content

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

paris7162

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've started the process anew at least 10 times. I've created many private sign keys with the password. I don't where you use the private sign key to get the certificate. I don't see where you have to add it with Apple Developer from Erel's Tutorial.

Also, you can't just create a wildcard App ID with the asterisk. You have to have a word there, then the asterisk after the word now. I don't know if any of this makes the difference.

Upvote 0

paris7162

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried a different account this time and got the same error.

B4i Version: 5.51
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Building folders structure. (0.03s)
Compiling code. (0.01s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.00s)
Compiling debugger engine code. (0.64s)
Building Xcode project (0.18s)
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Out: Build settings from command line:
ARCHS = arm64
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone Distribution: PPIC, Inc. (938DQ9AGXU)
CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload
OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain <user id>
PRODUCT_NAME = FirstApp
PROVISIONING_PROFILE = ee39768f-1817-4e6d-8b89-4801551dc228

note: Using new build system
note: Planning build
note: Constructing build description
Build system information
error: Missing private key for signing certificate. Failed to locate the private key matching certificate "iPhone Distribution: PPIC, Inc. (938DQ9AGXU)" in the keychain. To sign with this signing certificate, install its private key in your keychain. If you don't have the private key, select a different signing certificate for CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY in the build settings editor. (in target 'B4iProject')

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

Upvote 0

paris7162

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nevermind. I just figured it out. I was missing the upload csr part. I was uploading one if my xcode csrs that had the same name. Thanks for all of your help.

Upvote 0