B4i (iOS) - Updates thread

maXim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

this will be another great job, another success! :)

B4PPC, B4A, B4J, and now B4i... there will also be a B4W or a B4* (* = All)? ;)

abhishek007p

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is great news.

I suggest that it should be compatible with Mono.net framework, So people on other platforms can also develop Apps.

Also, recently Microsoft made it clear that they are not going to update VB6. So this can be a good opportunity to make another IDE, B4W which complies Basic Code using C compilers for Windows PC.

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow! I'd never have guessed :)

Congrats on your continuing genius Erel.

You are revolutionising mobile computing.

(IanMc saves up for an iPhone)

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Until now, I could say to my wife "we won't buy an Iphone because B4A is not compatible". Now, I have to find another argument. Grrrr.... :)

What will be the compatibility of the existing code written in B4A? Something like 99% or a lot less like B4J?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Something like 99% or a lot less like B4J?
B4J is actually quite compatible with B4A, except of the UI which is different.

It is hard to say at this point what will the compatibility level be. The UI will be different as iOS manages the UI in a different way.
Like B4J it will have only two types of modules, classes and code modules. There is no need to have special components like Service and Activity in iOS.
Modules will be able to handle events (like in B4J).

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's been a while since I read more than just the "share your application"-thread so this was a nice surprise. :)

Keep up the good work!

rossco_pb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, this is fantastic :) I have just started using B4a and long term was wondering how I would be able to transition any of my useful creations to the iOS platforms. Having programmed in various forms of BASIC for more years that I like to remember, I have found your B4a environment just excellent. Keep up the good work...

Creaky

Licensed User
Longtime User
Excellent! I've been looking into developing for iOS, but objective C and the mandatory Mac held me back. b4i is the perfect solution!

Where can I pay for it in advance? :)

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks erel for the great news.. I always said you could do it..

Just an idea... if we can pre-order the software and help you in developing this, please make that option available. I am sure many of us would love to contribute and help you somehow in development.

+1

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
One question!

I read somewhere here that Apple wouldn't allow anyone to install Apps directly into their iPhones.. is this correct? if yes
then it is so strange and completely un-understandable. It means that if I want to write an app just for myself or my company
then I must register as developer with Apple and upload my app to them then download it all the way back..

Please help in understanding this.