Other B4i v8.50 BETA is available for download

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release a new beta version of B4i.
This update brings code snippets and other IDE improvements to B4i.
It also adds support for Swift frameworks. Swift frameworks were supported in the first versions of Swift, but since then Apple changed the toolchain and a complete rewrite was required.

B4J_czkcESZ48U.gif

• Code snippets: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-code-snippets.152450/
  • Support for Swift frameworks. Note that Objective C bridge headers are required.
    This feature is supported by Xcode 15+. Currently builder2 is running Xcode 15 and builder1 is running Xcode 14
  • IDE shortcut to go to a layout file: 'ide://goto?Layout=MainPage
  • New #ModuleVisibility attribute. Value can be Public - default visibility, or B4XLib. B4XLib means that the module methods and fields will not be visible once the module is packed as a b4xlib. Note that it is an IDE feature and is ignored by the compiler.
  • B4XView.Alpha / SetAlphaAnimated property and method.
  • B4XLibs modules and files can be overridden. This is done by adding the module or file to the project. The compiler now accepts it and gives higher precedence to the project files.
  • Debugger improvements including performance improvements and bug fixes.
  • Minimum version is iOS 11 or higher.
  • Updated libraries: B4XFormatter v1.04, BCTextEngine v1.95, XmlMap v1.01, SimpleMediaManager v1.14, iHttpUtils2 3.04, iFacebook v2.1, XUI Views v2.60, iCore v8.50, XUI v2.30
  • Bug fixes and other small improvements.

Developers eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with download link.

Merry Christmas and happy new year!

tucano2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
Support for Swift frameworks. Note that Objective C bridge headers are required
Does this mean that it is possible to insert code snippets in Swift in the #if objc part ? what would that look like ?

Last edited:

ddefrain

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release a new beta version of B4i.
This update brings code snippets and other IDE improvements to B4i.
It also adds support for Swift frameworks. Swift frameworks were supported in the first versions of Swift, but since then Apple changed the toolchain and a complete rewrite was required.

B4J_czkcESZ48U.gif

• Code snippets: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-code-snippets.152450/
  • Support for Swift frameworks. Note that Objective C bridge headers are required.
    This feature is supported by Xcode 15+. Currently builder2 is running Xcode 15 and builder1 is running Xcode 14
  • IDE shortcut to go to a layout file: 'ide://goto?Layout=MainPage
  • New #ModuleVisibility attribute. Value can be Public - default visibility, or B4XLib. B4XLib means that the module methods and fields will not be visible once the module is packed as a b4xlib. Note that it is an IDE feature and is ignored by the compiler.
  • B4XView.Alpha / SetAlphaAnimated property and method.
  • B4XLibs modules and files can be overridden. This is done by adding the module or file to the project. The compiler now accepts it and gives higher precedence to the project files.
  • Debugger improvements including performance improvements and bug fixes.
  • Minimum version is iOS 11 or higher.
  • Updated libraries: B4XFormatter v1.04, BCTextEngine v1.95, XmlMap v1.01, SimpleMediaManager v1.14, iHttpUtils2 3.04, iFacebook v2.1, XUI Views v2.60, iCore v8.50, XUI v2.30
  • Bug fixes and other small improvements.

Developers eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with download link.

Merry Christmas and happy new year!
Thank's I Didn't receive the email with the download link.
Would you send it to me please
TIA