Other B4i v8.50 has been released!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release a new version of B4i.
This update brings code snippets and other IDE improvements to B4i.
It also adds support for Swift frameworks. Swift frameworks were supported in the first versions of Swift, but since then Apple changed the toolchain and a complete rewrite was required.

B4J_czkcESZ48U.gif

• Code snippets: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-code-snippets.152450/
  • Support for Swift frameworks. Note that Objective C bridge headers are required.
    This feature is supported by Xcode 15+. The hosted builders were upgrades to Xcode 15.
  • IDE shortcut to go to a layout file: 'ide://goto?Layout=MainPage
  • New #ModuleVisibility attribute. Value can be Public - default visibility, or B4XLib. B4XLib means that the module methods and fields will not be visible once the module is packed as a b4xlib. Note that it is an IDE feature and is ignored by the compiler.
  • B4XView.Alpha / SetAlphaAnimated property and method.
  • B4XLibs modules and files can be overridden. This is done by adding the module or file to the project. The compiler now accepts it and gives higher precedence to the project files.
  • Debugger improvements including performance improvements and bug fixes.
  • Minimum version is iOS 11 or higher.
  • Updated libraries: B4XFormatter v1.04, BCTextEngine v1.95, XmlMap v1.01, SimpleMediaManager v1.14, iHttpUtils2 3.04, iFacebook v2.1, XUI Views v2.60, iCore v8.50, XUI v2.30, iAdMob 4.00
  • Bug fixes and other small improvements.

Developers eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with download link.
Other developers will receive an email with a renewal offer.

Developers with local Mac - the Firebase, AdMob and Facebook frameworks are available here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/firebase-v3-00-iadmob-v4-00.144798/

Last edited:

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope you send me the download link because I didn't get it for the beta version. :)

All right, I got the download link, thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neil Rohan

Licensed User
It also adds support for Swift frameworks. Swift frameworks were supported in the first versions of Swift, but since then Apple changed the toolchain and a complete rewrite was required.

B4J_czkcESZ48U.gif

• Code snippets: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-code-snippets.152450/
  • Support for Swift frameworks. Note that Objective C bridge headers are required.
    This feature is supported by Xcode 15+. The hosted builders were upgrades to Xcode 15.
  • New #ModuleVisibility attribute. Value can be Public - default visibility, or B4XLib. B4XLib means that the module methods and fields will not be visible once the module is packed as a b4xlib. Note that it is an IDE feature and is ignored by the compiler.
  • B4XLibs modules and files can be overridden. This is done by adding the module or file to the project. The compiler now accepts it and gives higher precedence to the project files.
  • Updated libraries: B4XFormatter v1.04, BCTextEngine v1.95, XmlMap v1.01, SimpleMediaManager v1.14, iHttpUtils2 3.04, iFacebook v2.1, XUI Views v2.60, iCore v8.50, XUI v2.30, iAdMob 4.00

Developers eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with download link.

B4J_czkcESZ48U.gif

It's been a while since I upgraded B4i, so please clarify the procedure.

My current B4IBuildserver/LIBS subdirectory contains (mostly) framework files, .h files and .a files.

The B4I v8.50 B4IBuildeServer that I downloaded contains (mostly) .h and .a files. There are no framework files.

Is it correct that I should overwrite the existing .h and .a files in the B4IBuildserver/LIBS subdirectory and leave the framework files as is?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thank you very much erel for a new release of b4i.
my hosted builder license ran out few days ago and i renew it. after few days you released a new version of b4i and it turned out that i also need to renew my b4i license.
what i would like to ask is if i purchase the enterprise + hosted builder for 89$ instead of the enterprise only for 79$ will i get 2 years the hosted builder (because the builder i purchased few days ago for 26$)

it would be really cool to have a notification or a date in the ide to know when the license expire so i know to renew both. :)

thanx

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
From my experience hosted builder is separate. Even if you buy Enterprise for 2 years. YOu only get hosted builder for a year.
yes i understand that but i renewed the hosted builder 1 week ago for 26 $ because i didnot knew that my b4i license ran out. so after 1 week i receive a renew your license email. so now i bought the enterprise + hosted builder (1 year) again for 89$ so will i have now 2 years or the first purchase of the hosted builder alone was a waste?
this was my question :)

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes i understand that but i renewed the hosted builder 1 week ago for 26 $ because i didnot knew that my b4i license ran out. so after 1 week i receive a renew your license email. so now i bought the enterprise + hosted builder (1 year) again for 89$ so will i have now 2 years or the first purchase of the hosted builder alone was a waste?
this was my question :)
Okay. Its clear now. In that case, I believe support will extend it to 2 years for you.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would also like the download link for b4i 8.50. Didn't receive any notification.
Please contact [email protected].
All emails are answered in 24 hours. This means that if you don't see the response then the mail was probably flagged as spam. Contact me with a private message if needed.

Upvote 0