B4J Question [B4J 6.50 BETA #2]#CustomBuildAction: used in Main

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The 'folders ready' build actions seems to have trouble with server paths. I tried with relative and absolute paths:

B4X:
#CustomBuildAction: folders ready, %WINDIR%\System32\Robocopy.exe, "\\vmware-host\Shared Folders\WORK D\_2020\SYSTEM\Duaal3000\ABMFiles" "\\vmware-host\Shared Folders\WORK D\_2020\SYSTEM\Duaal3000\Files"

The same command running in the command prompt works fine:

upload_2018-9-7_10-48-53.png

Using the same syntax as in the example doesn't copy the files either.

B4X:
#CustomBuildAction: folders ready, %WINDIR%\System32\Robocopy.exe, "..\ABMFiles" "..\Files"

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The 'folders ready' build actions seems to have trouble with server paths
What happens? Is there any error message?

Using the same syntax as in the example doesn't copy the files either.
This should work. It copies the files if the size or date of the source file is different than the target file.

Upvote 0

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry for the late reply. No error messages, the file just isn't copied. Paths should be relative to the Objects path no?

I tried it with an empty Files folder, with something already in it (because maybe it could't copy if there was nothing in in yet)
But all the same result: no error and no files copied.

Is there somewhere else I could look for an error message (besides in the compilation dialog?)

Note: I tried it als with the final B4J 6.50 you just released, same result.

Upvote 0

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Your XUI2D examples gave me a clue: if you put ''#CustomBuildAction" it in the main module, it does not work. But if I put it in e.g. another module like ABMShared, it does.

I could reproduce the same with your XUI2D examples.

Is there a special reason it should not be used in the main module? Maybe this was explained somewhere by you, but I must have missed it.

NOTE: so it doesn't have anything to do with server paths after all.

Upvote 0