B4J Tutorial B4J HowTo's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All,

While learning and exploring B4J, captured B4J HowTos. The B4J HowTos are either from own experience or inspired by hints from the B4J forum (Thanks to All!).

Please note, due to other commitments, the B4J HowTos are not regularly updated, information might not cover solutions possible with the latest B4J version.

The content layout is generated by Look4How a Open Source Knowledge Management Application written in B4J

IMPORTANT (June 07, 2018)
The B4J HowTos are not online available anymore, but can be downloaded (v201806079). To install: unzip to a folder of choice and open index.htm.
Updates are made on the fly and not posted, so check this post from time-to-time.

Enjoy B4J (B4X) like I do.

Last edited:

rnbw

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear All,

While learning and exploring B4J, I have started to capture B4J HowTo's and published those on my website (see here http://www.rwblinn.de/b4j/b4jhowto/index.htm).

These Howto's are either from own experience or based on hints from the B4J forum.

Updates will be commenced regularly as I am learning more about this great tool.

Enjoy B4J like I do.

Thank you Rob. It looks very interesting and clearly you have put a lot of work into it. I look forward to making use of it.
RNBW

CanguroCode

Licensed User
Longtime User
THANKS!! Any idea how to work with a webcam B4j?, No matter if you have to put some code in java

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Rob,
Thanks for the in-one-place information..
I tried to run the access database example, but I got runtime error, saying ucanaccess jar not find, or something like this.
Where is this file.

Thanks in advance

rwblinn

Licensed User
Longtime User
To run the access database example, ensure to copy the addtional libraries (packed in dbdrivermsaccess.zip part of the example zip) to your B4J additional library folder.

Thank You

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I just saw this thread and have had a look at the tutorials and the offlinetool... All the time i have not realized that this all are NOT FROM EREL :D

WOW. GREAT WORK! Many thanx for the tutorials. I really appreciate them.

BPak

Licensed User
Longtime User
Found typo in the How to Export TableView to Microsoft Excel.

cell.InitializeNumber(i, j, Row(j))
cell.InitializeText(i, j, Row(j))

InitializeNumber (Col AsInt, Row AsInt, Value AsDouble)
InitializeText (Col AsInt, Row AsInt, Value AsString)

The variables i and j need to be swapped in your code.

Kiffi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Rob,

some entries of the table of contents on the left side are slipped down one position

"How to define a shortcut to show a Modal Form" shows "How to create a Modal Form dynamically"

"How to disable the Close X on a Form" shows "How to define a shortcut to show a Modal Form"

and so on...

Thanks for your hard work! & Greetings ... Peter

rwblinn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Peter,

thanks for the headsup [ had not noticed :-( ] and the feedback given.

List corrected.

Appreciated & Regards
Rob

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.