B4J Question b4j ide running slow

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

After adding some lines of codes my b4j is starting to run slow, typing code comes laggy and everything works slower on the ide although I have a high end computer. What may be the problem ? I saw some ini config changes in the search for "b4j slow" but they did not work out.

Thanks

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you use other backup software, make sure that it isn't hogging your cpu, on Windows check the task manager. I use Idrive and at least once a month it throws a wobbly and I have to temporarily remove it. Although it slows down the whole PC.

Upvote 0

Elby dev

Licensed User
Had problems on b4j startup. Found that previous projects are somehow accessed by b4j even if not requested by the developer?
Happens when you have a laptop and use it at work accessing network drives and at home network not available. So b4j needs about 40 seconds
to time out. Clearing the ini file creates a new one and solves the problem. ps put back the javac,exe path back after deleteing the ini file.
Also found b4j when it runs accesses 67.227.218.133 port 51045 why I don't know various tcp packets are send and received.
If this is blocked delays could also happen. Perhaps allow on the firewall. Hope this info helps.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
When the IDE starts it checks the list of recent files and removes non-existent files. In most cases it completes in a few milliseconds. However there is indeed an issue with unconnected remote files that will cause this check to be slow.
How does the network path look inside the INI file?

Also found b4j when it runs accesses 67.227.218.133 port 51045 why I don't know various tcp packets are send and received.
This is the check for updates. It will not cause slowdowns.

Upvote 0