B4J Question B4J jSerial initialization question

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
Please someone point me to the correct syntax of initializing the jSerial port without "Prefix"
in the b4j/b4a chat example I received the following error:

B4X:
astream.InitializePrefix(sp.GetInputStream, True, sp.GetOutputStream, "astream")
Program started.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Message size too large. Prefix mode can only work if both sides of the connection follow the 'prefix' protocol.
at anywheresoftware.b4a.randomaccessfile.AsyncStreams$AIN.run(AsyncStreams.java:205)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Error: (RuntimeException) java.lang.RuntimeException: Message size too large. Prefix mode can only work if both sides of the connection follow the 'prefix' protocol.
Connection is broken.

P.S.
I am not using the B4A app on the other side of the chat, but sending string or plain text through the serial port.

besoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X:
    BaudRate =9600
    sp.Open("COM5")
    sp.SetParams(BaudRate,8,1,0)
    astream.Initialize(sp.GetInputStream,sp.GetOutputStream, "astream")

Try this.

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X:
    BaudRate =9600
    sp.Open("COM5")
    sp.SetParams(BaudRate,8,1,0)
    astream.Initialize(sp.GetInputStream,sp.GetOutputStream, "astream")

Try this.

Hi besoft,
In the above example, the data is read only when the NewData event is fired.. but in my project I want to initiate the reading process..
means I want to read the port by a command like : X = MSComm1.input.. I am using a modem and data comes in intervals and stored in the modem buffer, so I want to read it from the buffer. I utterly failed to find a command to read the port.. calling the NewData event didn't work.
Any hint or direction?

Upvote 0