Wish b4j jServer library -> B4i

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i wish we could have a server library like we have in b4j (jServer v3.00) for b4i AND for b4i so we can run a webserver in our app and connect to it via web browser.

mmanso

Licensed User
Longtime User

?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

?

jServer has a lot of functions like jQuery elements and iHttpServer is still in development.
if you would look at the thread you would see me taking a big part in the discussion so the wish is still relevant.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
jservercannotrunonb4i.gif

what can we do Master Erel???

can this be a solution for us?

or this:

i have just completed my second webserver that works great with b4j and jServer and i really would like to run it from my b4i app. i think it will open lots of new opportunities to be able to run a webserver on mobile apps.

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why hosting a server inside an Apple iPhone or iPad device? Use a "real" server hardware or a raspberry Pi that can run jar.

see this thread:

mmanso

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi aeric,

The main reason (at least for me) is that it simplifies "a lot" when you're build an app for a "non-internet" scenario and you need to have multiple devices reading data from a server.

Usually when we speak about http server on an android device, people think about "hosting a server" to serve websites or something... for me, that's not the case. It's just about having a simple API on the server that the clients use.

If we've powerfull and cheap android machines nowadays, why complication the instalation with an extra raspberry box? I totally understand ilan. I'm using it on Android (since my project is android based).

Cheers.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Usually when we speak about http server on an android device, people think about "hosting a server" to serve websites or something... for me, that's not the case. It's just about having a simple API on the server that the clients use.

you literally defined my purpose for such a library ! :eek: