B4J Library B4j Report Writer

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If it should be a string, you need to remove the Format string from the corresponding columnHeaderField in the designer

B4JExplorer

Licensed User
Longtime User

"Professional Report Writers have gone overboard trying to meet everyone's needs. I don't think we need this here.
Please help me understand how we can achieve a simple banded report writer."

Truer words...

The Windows/Mac/HTML GUI world is full of welcome advancements. But we've also abandoned human-desktop conveniences, without a debate.

The menus in old Lotus Spreadsheets, as well as Report Writers like R&R and Bandit/Triplevision, were triggered by a single slash / key, and then each menu function was triggered by a single letter. It wasn't the same feel as hot keys like Ctrl-S to Save ; there was more of a feeling of being in control.

It was possible to become so fast at Saving and Loading Reports, that you could no longer explain it in words to another users. The memory was in the fingers, so you would have to use your fingers to remember all of the steps.

I'd give anything, to have a modern banded report writer that was primarily keyboard-driven.

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The code is there, feel free to improve or amend it as you wish, just post your improvements so the community can benefit.

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'd give anything, to have a modern banded report writer that was primarily keyboard-driven.

From simple to complex (banded) reports, this does the job for me - after trying many others for many weeks...
However, mouse and click required....

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…