Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm very happy to release B4J v3.00.

SS-2015-04-30_15.13.23.png

The IDE was completely rewritten.
The new IDE is significantly more powerful, smarter, more modern and more scalable.

There are too many improvements to list them all.

I will just list some features that are less obvious:

- Press on Ctrl + Click to jump to an identifier (sub, variables, etc.).
- Themes - Ctrl + T
- Sophisticated conditional compilation: #If, #Else If, #Else and support for OR and AND.
- Dockable layout. Including support for multiple open editors.
- Find all references - F7.
- Quick search - Ctrl + F.
- Goto sub / module - Ctrl + E.
- Smarter autocomplete.
- Hover over variables and expressions in debug mode.
- Structure matching.
- Automatic warnings and errors highlighting.

Requirements

- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0+ is required. If you are running Windows XP then you should install .Net Framework 4.0: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

- Developers running Vista or above should install .Net Framework 4.5.2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642

It is important to install the latest version as it includes important fixes. Some of the optimizations will be disabled with older versions.

The full version can be downloaded from this page: www.b4x.com/b4j

Last edited:

dilettante

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a thread here on the topic of the future of Scene Builder and its implications for B4J? I'd like to understand the why of this, i.e. is JavaFX being deprecated, etc. I'm not enough of an Oracle insider to know what to expect.

Upvote 0

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What does 'Auto Save' and 'Structure Matching' do?

As an improvement to Ctrl+F, multiple Ctrl+F'ing will cycle through the options (instead of need to press down or up arrows).
As a further improvement, it will auto-jump to that location instead of needing a click/enter (as an IDE option).

Thank you

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is no auto save in the list.

Structure matching happens when the cursor is inside a structure token. For example if it is in the sub keyword:

SS-2015-06-04_07.46.02.png

Is there a thread here on the topic of the future of Scene Builder and its implications for B4J? I'd like to understand the why of this, i.e. is JavaFX being deprecated, etc. I'm not enough of an Oracle insider to know what to expect.
Please start a new thread for this question / discussion.

Upvote 0