B4R Question B4r 3.31 and Arduino 1.8.12

wcieslik

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was using Arduino 1.8.10 and an older version of B4R, but recently upgraded B4R to 3.31 (without upgrading the Arduino IDE).
This caused compiler problems w.r.t. AsyncStreams, GetBytes, and a small list of other functions....
The answer was to upgrade Arduino IDE to 1.8.12

OK..
Upgrade Arduino to 1.8.12 and bingo... fixed this specific error ..
but sent me back to the problem with Arduino 1.8.12 (and 1.8.10, and 1.8.13), back in May.

B4R code will not compile if "C:\android\B4R_Projects\{insert project name}\Objects\bin\includes.cache" exists.
If I delete this file manually, then the B4R program compiles and uploads, one time only.
(so, at least I have a crappy work around)

The Arduino IDE has the same issue, only the path differs... "C:\Users\e156994\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_445479\includes.cache"
Again, deleting the file manually allows the Arduino IDE to compile and upload, one time only.
(Actually the build folder for Arduino changes when you start the IDE, stopping and starting the IDE has the same effect)

Can anyone offer any advise as to why the Arduino IDE can't overwrite the includes.cache file ?
(no problem with any of the other files in the build folder ... just "includes.cache")

Best Regards,
Wit C.

Last edited:

wcieslik

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel, yes.... going down that path at present, also security policies as applied by my company's IT group. ....
If I get to the bottom of this I will post the result ...

Upvote 0

wcieslik

Licensed User
Longtime User
I also note this is NOT a B4R issue ... It is something to do with my laptop and the Arduino IDE's ability to overwrite the includes.cache file ....

Upvote 0

wcieslik

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank NoNockName, but the folder perms seem OK. ALso all the other files and folders get created and or overwritten whithout an issue... It's just that one file "includes.cache"

Also IDE 1.8.10 works fine, and overwrites the file as it should.
IDE versions .12 .13 and now .14 all have the same issue being unable to overwrite the file....

I suspect it is a security policy that is ties to the version number of the app...
(or as I've found it's actually the Arduino-builder.exe app that's having the issue..)

Upvote 0