B4R Question B4R for other chips?

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ill be honest, I havent really used B4R yet because I use a program called BASCOM-AVR, as it supports all of the native Atmel AVR chips out there. However it seems Arduino has stormed over that in popularity and has alot more support than that software which has been around since the 90s and started with the 8051.

So, My question is, does B4R support all the other Atmel chips? If So, How would I get that working?

My product has the ATXmega128A1U as its host CPU, and the program is written in BASCOM which makes it difficult to communicate back to B4X programs from that, because I had to write my own communications protocol.

I would like to port over my firmware (basically in a way, re-write) to the B4R Platform because of its shared integration in communication protocols making my life easier.

As long as I can figure out a way to support this chip.

any ideas? thanks!

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the info, but to be honest I dont know hardly anything about arduino. I got started with Atmel AVR long before Arduino was even thought up in someones head, and I ended up bypassing that whole environment.

Until this B4R came out which looks attractive.

Also I do alot of in-line ASM in the BASCOM environment, Not sure if B4R would allow that. (I am not a C programmer, not even close)

Upvote 0