B4R Question B4R ide software reset signal

sixteen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Erel,

Can you help me to resolve following problem,B4R should be uploading the firmware to Arduino board with the progam named avrdude like arduno IDE,which send reset pulse continues when IDE is opened,Is B4R IDE like this mechanism? If I want to make the reset pulse more delay time,only need modified the avrdude.conf in arduino ?

Thanks a lots,Can you give me a chance to chat with you?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4R prepares the Arduino project and then uses Arduino IDE command line support to compile and deploy the program. You can change Arduino IDE default settings and they should work with B4R as well.

Can you give me a chance to chat with you?
Technical support is only provided through the forum.

Upvote 0

sixteen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes,Erel,thanks your reply,Send the pulse continues on DTR&RTS on serial port for software reset when the Aduino IDE opened,then deploy the firmware used the avrdude program on same serial port,last print the debug message to the same serial port used the java program in directory lib,Now the B4R ide can select the serial port between the IDE or B4J serial connector,the software reset pulse is uses Arduino IDE command or send by B4R IDE? because the software reset electrocircuit only a 103pf cap is very not stable,i want to try set more delay time to resolve the problem.But the preferences.txt have no delay item,and I had set the avrdude.conf param,also failed,I guess the software pulse delay time should be set by IDE.

Upvote 0

sixteen

Licensed User
Longtime User
TB2JmkEfxhmpuFjSZFyXXcLdFXa_!!85478174.png_160x160.jpg

This is my designed arduino board,I named it UNO container for student,now had support AVR,CortexM0&M3,also include ESP6288,but the software reset is not stable, and I wish the serial module use common one,
TB2e_H3fAqvpuFjSZFhXXaOgXXa_!!85478174.png_120x120.jpg
+
TB25lIifrBnpuFjSZFGXXX51pXa_!!85478174.png_120x120.jpg

ESP8266+serial board is ok

TB241YtfG8lpuFjy0FpXXaGrpXa_!!85478174.jpg_160x160.jpg
+
TB25zzofR0kpuFjy1XaXXaFkVXa_!!85478174.jpg_160x160.jpg

is OK

now,I want to total avr&arm&esp8266 used only one SPP board,the user only buy different MCU core board,the B4R select different core board ,auto select software reset timming.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sixteen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh,Erel,the software reset signal should be send by IDE or avrdude,I think the logger shoud be print message with java program.let me study the link.thanks a lot.the serial connetor I had study it,the b4J is a app printf function receiver program.I think so,

Upvote 0