B4R Question B4R IDE "Connect" button

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, @Erel

1) About "Connect" button of B4R IDE: why does it not always work ? Sometimes it does not connect to the COM-port, but the same time - Arduino's Monitor - always connected when opened.
Another COM-port terminal is also always connected, and if the port speed is chosen wrong - it's visible non-readable output from MCU at each reset button pressing.
1691478451575.png

2) I have found a second time (first) a ESP32 board that works OK in Arduino, but no log output to B4R log after flashing, but Arduino's monitor and Terminal show the log OK.

"Waiting for a Classic BT client connection..." is my text from the B4R sketch, but one time after flashing i have caught such B4R log, after it the log is again empty:

TRACE StatusLogger XmlConfiguration stopped 2 remaining Appenders.
TRACE StatusLogger XmlConfiguration cleaning Appenders from 2 LoggerConfigs.
DEBUG StatusLogger Stopped XmlConfiguration[location=jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Arduino/lib/pde.jar!/log4j2.xml] OK
DEBUG StatusLogger Stopped LoggerContext[name=1e6f5c3, org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext@196c360] with status true
********************* PROGRAM STARTING ****************
#3B�4�#����������ting for a Classic BT client connection...
... and the hw reset button does not show any log more. But if to try to re-flash - B4R's log is just empty after "****** PROGRAM STARTING *****".

How to understand what the problem can be ? I guess, something may be in IDE connection code.

p.s. the ESP32 board are fully re-soldered point-by-point - nothing changed. And compared to another board example - fully identical components. But second board works OK in any terminal, including B4R's IDE.

Last edited: