Other B4R v2.80 BETA is available for download

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This update adds support for the latest version of ESP8266 (v2.5.2) and ESP32 (v1.0.2) SDKs.

It also includes the IDE improvements added to the other B4X products (auto bookmarks, auto backup improvements and others).

Download link: www.b4x.com/b4r/files/beta.exe

Make sure to update the SDKs from the Arduino IDE (Tools - Boards Manager). Older versions of ESP8266 and ESP32 will not work with this version.

cliv

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use B4R v2.60, install on my old computer with Windows XP, and work very well, but i can't install this version ...???

2019-06-14_105640.png

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Beta #2 is released. It fixes the issue with rSD library and ESP8266.

install on my old computer with Windows XP, and work very well, but i can't install this version ...???
The minimum version is explicitly set now in the installer script. I'm not sure whether it will solve this issue. Please try it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cliv

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try using Windows 98 now.
You do not need to be ironic. I just tried to reuse an old laptop in the lab ... which worked very well until now only with B4R.

You will need to install it on a different computer and then copy the B4R folder to your Windows XP computer.
I tried this, but the program does not run after copy back to winxp ...so no compatibility from this version.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BertI

Licensed User
Longtime User
I too have tried copying over from a W10 install but on Xp it goes to a black window with egg timer and though I waited for a while didn't appear to want to go beyond that. Is it still possible to get v2.60?

Upvote 0

BertI

Licensed User
Longtime User
v2.60 is not available online. Try to update the .Net Framework it should solve this issue.
Thanks so much for your quick response. Though I didn't check which version I had to begin with, I tried an update (download of .Net from Microsoft site) but this looks to onlly go as far as V4.0.3. Registry key does seem to indicate Version 4.0.30319 so assuming it is up to this on the machine. However I still get the black window after launch (after the initial B4R logo) with the egg timer showing and task manager shows high CPU and memory usage (around the 90% and 300Mb area). I left it like this for a few minutes each time, don't know if it might have resolved if I waited longer but didn't seen like normal behaviour to me. I did have a much older version of B4R (I think 1.6) on this PC which did work ok when I last looked at it admittedly quite a while ago :)

Upvote 0

thetahsk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks so much for your quick response. Though I didn't check which version I had to begin with, I tried an update (download

Don't waste your time on Windows XP. Buy a cheap 3€-5€ Windows 7 or Windows 10 OEM license on ebay.

Upvote 0

BertI

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately that would break a number of applications on this particular PC. I have no problems using V2.80 on a different W10 PC, just it was a bit of a pain to suddenly lose it on this particular one. Guess I should have been more careful before I leapt.

Upvote 0