Wish B4WA?

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ive been noticing WebAssembly gaining some serious traction and growing in popularity to the point where it is now considered the 4th language of the web, supporting C, C++ and various other things..

I wonder if it would be possible to eventually make a B4WA to make WebAssembly apps?

1671111313534.png

hmmmm that would be neat.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Apparently there are a couple of different options out there to convert java to webassembly. A quick search found this page.

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
yeah its getting more popular and its in the infancy stages and still being built upon. Would be neat with time if B4X could compile directly into something wasm understands, with time.

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately Java is way behind this trend, because of its JVM you would need to package all the VM inside WA, despite being possible it would be too bulcky to even consider it. Therefore the B4x language its on the same boat.

But being faitful to the transpiled nature of the language there could be a another language that the language could hang on, for example Objective C in ios or c++ (i think, with B4r)

Only time will tell.

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately Java is way behind this trend, because of its JVM you would need to package all the VM inside WA, despite being possible it would be too bulcky to even consider it. Therefore the B4x language its on the same boat.

But being faitful to the transpiled nature of the language there could be a another language that the language could hang on, for example Objective C in ios or c++ (i think, with B4r)

Only time will tell.
Yeah I was going to say, B4X supports C because of B4R, and B4i so in theory, it could be done.