Wish [B4X] add dropdown combobox option to Xcustomlistview

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just what it says. I have gotten so used to using the XCLV that B4XComboBox is a pain (and it doesn't really work right because you cannot select the first item initially).
It would be really nice if XCLV had a combobox property. The first line could just be hint text and when clicked would drop down to a user specified length(or the bottom of the screen if 0?) Vertical only works for me.

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It would be really nice if XCLV had a combobox property
You can mimic a B4XCombobox with an xCustomlistview with CLVExpanded and having one panel with a dropdown list of items. If you you need help, which I doubt, come back. The list expands and collapses. If this is not what you have in mind, Erel reads all threads.
For instance you have a panel with a title say:
Title= "Most common Fruits"
mylist.AddAll(Array( "Apples", "Oranges", "Bananas", "Pears"))
Collapsed:
1703810548143.png

Expanded:
1703810628285.png

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can mimic a B4XCombobox with an xCustomlistview with CLVExpanded and having one panel with a dropdown list of items. If you you need help, which I doubt, come back. The list expands and collapses. If this is not what you have in mind, Erel reads all threads.

I realize that and even thought at some point I might create a b4x control myself, but if it is simple to do (I have no idea) I just though it would be a nice feature to add to XCLV/