Android Tutorial [B4X] B4A, B4i, B4J and B4r API documentation - B4X Object Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
If anyone has any suggestions for B4X Object Browser, I do entertain requests...

Toley

Licensed User
Longtime User
I really like the new B4X Object Browser. Once again Vader you did a really good job. The only thing I would like to see is the option to add a desktop icon. Each time a new version is out, we have to change the desktop icon manually.

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just found a small bug that is in both B4A and B4X Object Browser.
If you change your View Options to show the Full typename, the wrong prefix is added to each class (and should be ignored).

This will be fixed in B4X 4.0.0.2

Last edited:

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
4.0.0.2:
Bug fixes:
Clicking a class node sometimes caused MPF list to be built twice
Syntax and Return value always showed full typenames
Tooltips on 2 buttons were incorrect
null reference errors whilst documenting Classes
Incorrect class names reported to User when documenting
Changes:
Added desktop icon
Preparation has started (Added Combo box) for ability to add code snippets (per Method, Property and Field)

Last edited:

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
I really like the new B4X Object Browser. Once again Vader you did a really good job. The only thing I would like to see is the option to add a desktop icon. Each time a new version is out, we have to change the desktop icon manually.
Done - included in 4.0.0.2.

miker2069

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just downloaded and installed and I am very very impressed. Thank You for a useful tool. It instantly helped me find something I figured I was going to spend a good 30 minutes looking for.

If you have a donations link somewhere I'll find it and contribute

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the kind words. The donate button is on the options screen. Tools | Options

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Vader,
I come from a VB6 background so I am looking forward to trying this out. Thanks for making it.
schemer

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X Object Browser version 4.1.0.0 has been released, adding Code Snippet management.

To add a snippet:
Navigate to the Method / Property / Field for the snippet.

In your Web Browser, Select the text of your snippet.

Drag the text onto the B4X Object Browser "Add Snippet" button.

The Add Snippet dialog will open, allowing you to modify the snippet and change it's name.

Click OK when done.

To select an existing snippet, when a snippet is available, the GUI shows a big green arrow when you have selected a Method / Property / Field that has one or more snippets.

Snippets are selected by the use of the Dropdown.

Snippets are saved in your "My Documents" folder under B4a, B4i or B4j in a path equal to the path of the Object you have selected:

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-7_11-44-15.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 287

forestd

Licensed User
Longtime User

hanks
but have a error

Attachments

• b4a.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 287

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X Object Browser version 4.1.0.0 has been released, adding Code Snippet management.
It is very generous from you to release it as a donationware because it is a must have. A pint for you. Cheers

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Vader.

How about a generic snip-it manager? Just a place to store generic code not related to a lib.

Thanks.

This will take a while. I have a text editor control and a very basic application that can edit and format text, but it isn't multi-language, nor is it B4a, B4i or B4j language aware.

I guess I could make it work in English and go from there.

Hint: If I had a few donations then I could make this a priority.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm IN, where do I sign up? I have 20$ down for you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…