Android Tutorial [B4X] B4A, B4i, B4J and B4r API documentation - B4X Object Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinians2006

Licensed User
Longtime User
Perfect application, help a lot! But can you increase the font size or give us a setup where we can configure ?

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
Perfect application, help a lot! But can you increase the font size or give us a setup where we can configure ?
I will look into it. It will probably need you to update your version of the .Net Framework to 4.7

Jorge M A

Licensed User
A new happy user here for B4A!. I like it very much!.

Object Browser is the most usefull tool for people like me with strong experience in VB6 and nothing in BA4
I'm trying to learn as i can from people with lot of experience like all of you.
Thanks for sharing.

I have an incidence with B4A Object Browser because an icon with red cross appears in the OkHttpUtils2 class. I don't know what it means, although I suppose that is any kind of inconsistency. Could you advise me on what it means and how to solve it?

Attachments

• B4A_Object_Browser_with_Red_Cross.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 654

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
This means that there is a duplicate class name. To fix it, you have to remove one of the two libraries, or change the class name in one of them.

Jorge M A

Licensed User
I appreciate your response, however, there are no duplicates in the B4A library folder.

Claudio Oliveira

Licensed User
Longtime User
In B4X Object Browser, Select Tools -> Options and check Library Paths setting.
There you'll see where B4X Object Browser is searching for libs.
Maybe you have more than one Additional Libraries folder, or maybe libraries are present in both B4A libraries folder AND Additional Libraries folder.
In short: B4X Object Browser is finding two libraries with the same name in different folders.
Check this out.

Regards

Jorge M A

Licensed User
@zetaperu

In fact it is not a problem. According to what I understand, it is that the OkHttpUtils2 library is that you must use for its advantages over HttpUtils2. Only would conflict if you try to use two libraries at the same time.

En realidad no es problema. Según lo que entiendo, es que la librería OkHttpUtils2 es la que se debe de utilizar por sus ventajas sobre HttpUtils2. Solo habría conflicto si intentas utilizar las dos librerías simultáneamente.

read this

zetaperu

@Jorge M A

it is understood by many of us that the discussion is NOT the library OkHttpUtils2 with respect to its operation but how it is marked with X the object browser.
The solution I found is that the program that @Vader provides makes a character string comparison in its reading when updating the libraries and by default compares HttpUtils2 with the OkHttp so they share similar characters and if we add to this the library OkHttpUtils2 is there where he puts the red blade.
If you remove OkHttp and HttpUtils2, you go back to update libraries, the solution appears.

Last edited:

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Vader,

A big big thank you for your software. It is a game winning option for the developer.
I am writting this message to ask you if it is possible to add another feature in your software.
That is a textbox in the interface when viewing a library where the user can add a description or some notes relevant to the library. I believe that this would be very useful to every B4X developer. If that description/notes addition is even more searchable (f.e. text or tags that the user adds) it would be a dream come true.

Thank you for spending time to read this message.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
This was a feature that I wanted to add, that allowed you to keep additional information. The GUI was added, but I never completed it. I'm thinking about a rewrite...

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Here's a tip for anyone running B4X Object Browser on a Windows 10 High Dpi system with a display scaling other than 100%.

B4X Object Browser is a Windows Forms application that does not seem to notify Windows that it is High Dpi aware and so Windows will scale it with the result that text looks fuzzy. However, as a Windows Forms application it is in fact reasonably High DPI capable so if you right click on the desktop shortcut or Browser.exe itself, select Properties -> Compatibility -> Change high DPI settings, check Override high DPI scaling behaviour and select either 'Application' or 'System (Enhanced)' from the drop down list the text in the browser will magically improve in appearance Choose whichever looks best to you.

The difference in the two settings is that 'Application' scaling leaves scaling entirely up to the application but 'System (Enhanced)' tells Windows to scale everything apart from any text drawn through GDI+ (which Windows Forms mainly does) which it draws at the display resolution instead of just scaling it.

Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm just setting myself up to return to using B4A and installed both B4A Browser and B4X Browser as well as Klaus' version of my original B4A browser. B4A Browser also benefits from changing the High DPI scaling options as I described above.

As commented in post #431 above, ToolTips do not appear to work in either of the Browsers.

I also see that while B4A Browser shows the class comment in the 'Standard' pane at the lower right these very useful comments are not visible at all in B4X Browser

I've also installed Klaus' version of my original B4A browser which also shows the class comments and being a Windows Form application also significantly benefits from 'System(Enhanced)' scaling.

Jorge M A

Licensed User
Hello @Vader! Happy New Year!

Do you have any plan to extend B4X Object Browser to read the brand new .b4xlibs?
Another wish, it would be possible to display, anywhere, the library's location?

Thanks in advanced for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…