Android Tutorial [B4X] B4X Programming Technics + Track Changes Tool

Hi every one and season's greetings,

(11-1-2020) New version of the tool with timestamp and "Transfered <Checkbox>"

When I program I am used to keep notes in my code to know when I have to do something or if I have changed something in one of the apps in case of parallel app developing (B4A - B4i).

Here are two technics and a tool for supporting the second one:

1) When I plan to do something but I leave it for later I usually add a "'TODO:" rem tag in the code

f.e.

B4X:
Sub DoThis
     'TODO: I have to do this

'TODO: Also I have to do that

End Sub

Then when it's time you just search for "'TODO:" and the IDE gets you automatically to the point where you wrote down your note to do later.

2) When Developing in parallel (f.e. B4A and B4i) I usually have a main app selection of the two apps that I develop. There, I do all the changes and track the changes using a "CHD:#" rem tag in the code and then copy/edit them in the other app. The same way as before with a search for "CHD:" the IDE gets you to the point of the change.

f.e.

B4X:
Sub DoThis
     'CHD:1

End Sub

I used to do this by hand but today I developed a tool for me to automate this task and I would like to share it with you. Here is a video on how it is used. Erel, a useful thing to add to the B4X IDE would be a menu to add and run hand made tools like this tool and B4XViewer f.e.

Cheers to all of you

Attachments

• B4XProgTechs.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
(11-1-2020) New version of the tool with timestamp and "Transfered <Checkbox>"