Android Question [B4X] CLVExpandable - Help needed

harinder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am attaching my part project. based on B4X CLVExpandable. If I click on aircraft list view, I am not able to expand on PIC view(plus copilot view is not visible). how can I have all three expandable views functioning independently? Also, if I want to place another view, say a button named "Hello" between two views, how do I do that? Thnx

Attachments

• sample.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 144

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1) You posted your question in a wrong forum - Forum Discussion (joined: 2/1/2011?).
2) Do you really want to have a list of aircrafts or just one?
3) Your layout "1" is wrong; the views you added go far beyond the height of the variant.

Also, if I want to place another view, say a button named "Hello" between two views, how do I do that?
Creating a layout for this "Hello" and adding it to the CVLExpandable, like any other item you want to be listed "as expandable"

Attached a modified version of your project, without CLVs. If you really need a list of aircrafts and the other stuff, tell me it :)

Attachments

• sample2.zip
    15.7 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Upvote 0

harinder

Licensed User
Longtime User
1) You posted your question in a wrong forum - Forum Discussion (joined: 2/1/2011?).
2) Do you really want to have a list of aircrafts or just one?
3) Your layout "1" is wrong; the views you added go far beyond the height of the variant.

Creating a layout for this "Hello" and adding it to the CVLExpandable, like any other item you want to be listed "as expandable"

Attached a modified version of your project, without CLVs. If you really need a list of aircrafts and the other stuff, tell me it :)
Hello LucaMs..in your sample, if I expand aircraft, and then expand PIC, hello and copilot expandables go out of view..
Yes, the user will choose from a list of aircrafts in a drop down, and can add as well as delete aircrafts, which will get updated in the dropdown. Same for PIC and co-pilot expandables.
I want to place hello button in between two expandables, as a non expandable. Thnx

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello LucaMs..in your sample, if I expand aircraft, and then expand PIC, hello and copilot expandables go out of view..
Of course, you cannot think to have more than one item expanded and be able to see all content; expand aircraft and scroll to see the other items.
I wrote, for myself, a version in which only one item at a time can be expanded; I have to look at the properties, methods and events exposed by the xCLVE, perhaps it is also possible to do it in the source code of your project, without having to modify the xCLVE.

Yes, the user will choose from a list of aircrafts in a drop down
I hope it is possible to do it; usually, scrolling inside a scrollable view is not feasible (or it is very difficult and it would be necessary to modify the xCLVE, however).

I take a look at it all but... obviously this thread is open for anyone who wants to help ;)

Upvote 0

harinder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the clarification that only one clv required. I have modified your sample to what I actually require. ACType list is a dropdown in the B4X combobox and I have added add/delete buttons. It seems to work OK.
Two things:
1. Can the buttons,cmbbox and txtfield be loaded only when the particular list is expanded, instead of loading at activity_create?
2. Related to sl1. How can I show a msgbox with instructions only when down arrow is pressed(list expanded)?
Thnx

Attachments

• LucaMs sample2 revised.zip
    16.7 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 0