Android Question B4X libraries

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Understood, but if I want to just look and see what B4X libraries are available (like a list) there is none

I have to search for a specific topic instead of being able to look and just see what I can use to get as much cross platform compatibly as possible.

Probably just me. Thanks

Upvote 0

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess that works. What I was thinking was a forum for B4X Library's with 1 thread for each library type.

I'll use your link for now. But sometimes when I am trying to learn something new (I'm pretty old so this is pretty hard) all the different search links to have to go though to find some meaning full information. makes it easier to post a question

even the documentation page links don't have a one line explanation on them so you have to click on each link to see what how it can help
upload_2019-2-11_11-7-55.png

I believe B4X is going to dominant the libraries out here

NOTE: I am not complaining - I love the software and support here (have NEVER experience [in my 43+ years programming] such great support), but just trying to compartmentalize things. And at 68+ it is sometimes harder then you young kids

BobVal

Upvote 0

Cadenzo

Licensed User
Longtime User
even the documentation page links don't have a one line explanation on them so you have to click on each link to see what how it can help
Thats why I wrote a small documantation, just for me, to find the (for me) most important libraries quickly. It is not up to date now (no b4x yet), I have to find time, to update it, but may be, it is usefull for you.

Upvote 0

Roger C

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thats why I wrote a small documantation, just for me, to find the (for me) most important libraries quickly. It is not up to date now (no b4x yet), I have to find time, to update it, but may be, it is usefull for you.

Really nice.Good work.

I think it should be an official documentation, like the one already existing, but with links to a fileserver where the latest version is uploaded.
Searching the forum doesn't really work.
Try searching for XUI or B4XEncryption, and filter with B4A and Library. There's still 6 pages of hits and finding the latest version takes a lot of time.

Some libraries from the documentation doesn't exist anymore. I tried to do something similar as skrjabin last summer but gave up after 15 libraries and 4 days of searching.

I love the program and the support. But finding things are a hard task

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Try searching for XUI or B4XEncryption, and filter with B4A and Library. There's still 6 pages of hits and finding the latest version takes a lot of time.
It is very simple to find libraries with the search engine. The only reason that you don't find these two in the forum is that they are internal libraries and are preinstalled with the IDE.

Upvote 0