Share My Creation B4X Projects Launcher for creating new projects

B4X Projects Launcher is a must-have application for every Developer.

What B4X Projects Launcher Does:
1. Creates new projects with application names in its own directory

Directory Structure
Main Directory:
B4X Projects

Sub Directory:
B4A
B4J
B4I
B4R

**Option to save all projects together in Main directory**

2. Sets package names for new projects automatically using your application (project name)
3. Starts the projects for you for the first time without going to the directory

Changelog for Version 1.20 (19/08/2020)
1. Folder Structure now simplied (B4A, B4J, B4i, B4R)
2. Existing projects can be opened and added to the recent list.
3. Other Minor improvements and bug fixes

Download Version 1.20 Here

Changelog for Version 1.10 (27/01/2020)
1. Option to open Recent project(Last opened project)
2. Option to open an Existing project from other locations on a users computer
3. New/Edited package name saved automatically and loaded upon new project creation
4. Option to add a description to projects added
5. Duplicated Projects names are renamed with a number eg. HelloWorld, HelloWorld1, HelloWorld2
6. All projects created with the Launcher are Listed and can be opened with a Double Click
7. Option to Upload Base IDE Files into the Launcher. When there is a new version of the IDE, the user can use this option to upload skeleton files into the launcher. Instructions included on how to upload base files. Also, custom modules, files, icons which users will like to see upon the creation of new projects can also be uploaded here.
8. Added Tray Icon for quick launch.
9. Projects are now created based on platform (IDE) installed on a users machine. Example, if you do not have B4i installed, you cant create B4i Projects.
10. Other minor bug fixes.

Thanks to all suggestion and inputs. Kindly download with the link below

It Address issues raised here and many others
https://b4x.com/android/forum/threads/default-project-directory-and-package-name-prompt.100315/
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/creating-new-projects.112957/#post-704663
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/ready-project-to-run.107328/
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ication-names-for-newbies.113074/#post-705563

1579342389533.png

1580128017000.png

Attachments

• B4X_Project_Launcher Source.zip
    58.6 KB · Views: 933
Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is excellent work @mcqueccu, impressive, nice and simple to use.

One thing though, It's easy enough to check which B4X products are installed on a users PC. In my B4X Template Manager (Which I use on every single new B4X project) I check which products are installed and I only allow those options to be clickable to the end user when selecting the project folder paths on first installation. Using your B4X Project Launcher, I should not be able to select B4i as I do not have B4i installed on my development machine.

Also where you have one com.application.helloworld text box, I suggest you having 2 text boxes. That way new developers to B4X would only need to type in their name/business into the first text box followed by the application name in the second text box, you can then put it all together for them like this com.namebusiness.application. I believe this would make it a lot easier for newbies to learn and understand, but I could be wrong wit my last statement.

I do like your app though, lets hope that it catches on. I use my B4X Template Manager for every new B4A and B4J project that I create as the icon is always sitting ready to use in the notification are of Windows, plus I have plenty of templates to choose from.

Keep up the good work 👍

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X Launcher Version 1.1 out with several updates (changes).
Screenshot and link in the first post.

Changelog for Version 1.10 (27/01/2020)
1. Option to open Recent project(Last opened project)
2. Option to open an Existing project from other locations on a users computer
3. New/Edited package name saved automatically and loaded upon new project creation
4. Option to add a description to projects added
5. Duplicated Projects names are renamed with a number eg. HelloWorld, HelloWorld1, HelloWorld2
6. All projects created with the Launcher are Listed and can be opened with a Double Click
7. Option to Upload Base IDE Files into the Launcher. When there is a new version of the IDE, the user can use this option to upload skeleton files into the launcher. Instructions included on how to upload base files. Also, custom modules, files, icons which users will like to see upon the creation of new projects can also be uploaded here.
8. Added Tray Icon for quick launch.
9. Projects are now created based on platform (IDE) installed on a users machine. Example, if you do not have B4i installed, you cant create B4i Projects.
10. Other minor bug fixes.

Thanks for the support

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Congrats and well done 👍
I can already see how this improves the organization of all my test projects!
Thanks.

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Great job, and really useful. Thanks for sharing.

Just a little error, not sure if it happens just to me, when you deselect B4A and select it again, you 2 slashes between the folders.

partes.gif

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great job, and really useful. Thanks for sharing.

Just a little error, not sure if it happens just to me, when you deselect B4A and select it again, you 2 slashes between the folders.

View attachment 87906

Works fine at my end but I will check.... Is anyone having same issue as above?

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Hmm, it's working perfectly fine here too, but then again I've not got B4i where @José J. Aguilar does have it.

I would still have another text box for the application name, but still a great app. Lets hope that new B4X users for the forum start to use this.

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmm, it's working perfectly fine here too, but then again I've not got B4i where @José J. Aguilar does have it.

You mean your radio buttons are not in that order (B4A - B4I - B4J - B4R)? or is not enabled?
B4i should be disabled (Not Clickable) on your system since you don't have it?

I would still have another text box for the application name, ..........
Sure, will work on it.... Thanks

Myr0n

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you so much,
Is it possible to keep the folders structure like this post please, because when I enter the name of the app and choose the folder name where I want to create my b4x app, the app create another subfolder inside, and if I click on use separate folder for platforms it continue adding another subfolder.

Remember "As iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens his friend" this is what we are doing here :)

You are doing a great job

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you so much,
Is it possible to keep the folders structure like this post please, because when I enter the name of the app and choose the folder name where I want to create my b4x app, the app create another subfolder inside, and if I click on use separate folder for platforms it continue adding another subfolder.

Remember "As iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens his friend" this is what we are doing here :)

You are doing a great job

1. You don't need to choose the project path each time you want to create a new project as it will remember your last chosen location. Also, if use separate folder is selected, your created projects are organised and goes to separate folders for B4A, B4J, etc, otherwise all goes into B4X Projects folder, even though those sub folders will be created. You can manually delete them.

2. Also, When you want to choose a path, don't choose B4X Projects folder or any its subfolders it. I think the folder stucture in XUI2D is similar to mine, only that this one has projects attached to the name

3. Even if you choose Existing B4X Projects Folder, the launcher checks - so it wont create another B4X Projects folder, it will only create the sub folders

Last edited: