B4A Library [B4X] [XUI] AS WheelPicker - Spinner - a modern single/multiple choice picker view - based on xCustomListView [Payware]

Drago Bratko

Licensed User
Longtime User
Update

• Add get Base - gets the base view (mBase)
  • Add Scroll2Index - scrolls to an item on a wheel
  • Add get Index - gets the selected index
I'm not able to found a way how I can set value of a wheel by using Scroll2Index method ... how one can do it?

fbritop

Licensed User
Longtime User
Testing....
I use another of your libraries. Currently if I add ASWheelPicker, then GestureRecognizer (which I think is use by another of your libraries, states as an unkown type. If I remove gesture, then no warnings regarding ASWheel but with the other libs thorughs another exceptions.

For example, I get this log:
GestureRecognizer - 149: Unknown type: swipe_attributes<br />Are you missing a library reference?

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
I have a problem using WSWheelPicker for B4i - The same code works great for B4a

For B4i (only) it appears the NextItem() method increments the wheel by 2 and the PreviousItem() method moves the wheel down but not enough to decrement it by one (so it remains unchanged).

Code extract.:
' Increase hours
Private Sub lblUpWheel_0_Click
    ASWheelPicker1.NextItem(0, True) ' Increments the wheel by 2
End Sub

' Decrease hours
Private Sub lblDownWheel_0_Click
    ASWheelPicker1.PreviousItem(0, True) ' Moves the wheel down, but not enough to decrement the value
End Sub

Prehaps it just me (or something I must doing wrong for the B4i code) but it works great under B4A.

Note: Tried updating to latest version of WSWheelPicker (v3.11) but still has the same problem (previous version was v3.02).

Kind regards
Dave Morris

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Update
    • Add SelectRow2 - Select a row with the Value, no index needed, just the value
    • BugFixes
I have a problem using WSWheelPicker for B4i - The same code works great for B4a
It should now work.
The update is released earlier than I had intended, it can be the behavior occur which are not desired, because I had to change a few things internally because of another bug.

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
It works now using v3.12 and changing SelectRow() to SelectRow2() - thanks for the help.

Can I make some comments
1. I believe the a description of the SelectRow2() should be added to your class documentation.
2. Its interesting to note that SelectRow() works for B4A but not B4i (You must use SelectRow2()) - In my case the wheel index number corresponds to the value on the wheel so could this suggest a problem with SelectRow() for B4i?

Kind regards
Dave

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Its interesting to note that SelectRow() works for B4A but not B4i (You must use SelectRow2()) - In my case the wheel index number corresponds to the value on the wheel so could this suggest a problem with SelectRow() for B4i?
Works also in B4I, this function is used internally to scroll. Remember that the index starts at 0

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

Perhaps I should have explained the problem in greater detail.

My test code - set the wheels to display 0:1:2:
' This code shows 0:1:2 on the wheels
    ASWheelPicker1.SelectRow2(0, 0, False)
    ASWheelPicker1.SelectRow2(1, 1, False)
    ASWheelPicker1.SelectRow2(2, 2, False)

' This code shows 0:0:0 on the wheels
    ASWheelPicker1.SelectRow(0, 0, False)
    ASWheelPicker1.SelectRow(1, 1, False)
    ASWheelPicker1.SelectRow(2, 2, False)

I do start the index at 0 (and display 0) i.e. so I can adjust times like 1:0:58

Further I used SelectRow() in my App with previous versions of AsWheelPicker and they showed the times correctly, For the latest version 3.12, I had to change SelectRow() to SelectRow2() to make it work.

I do see the usefulness of SelectRow2(). As I see it, SelectRow2() allows the wheels to display Mon, Tues etc without having to worry what index number corresponds to which day of the week (please advise if I have got it wrong!)

Kind regards
Dave

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…