B4XCode

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
And is that why his site is down?
(I do not know if it is and if it is only one, I seem to have understood that it is so)
Nice to see you're well and as active, we would worry if you Klaus, DonManFred and Erel etc suddenly went missing :)

Last edited:

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone,

Apologies for the sudden inactivity.

The problem started occurring 2-3 weeks ago after we signed a contract with a dear client (Italian company), little information about that matter; it was a really big deal for us and the contract period was extended to 5 years, providing support and projects, i was thinking life is great and what could go wrong, until the client sent us the projects they were working on, one of the projects contained a (WannaCry : Ransomware virus) virus under the name : Makop Hope, Makop Hope ransomware virus is an online virus which infects and encrypts windows platforms via network infection

We scanned and cleaned the viruses and started working on the projects, little did we know that the virus wasn't cleaned 100%, after 48 hours our main server was 100% encrypted, our main PCs and Laptops started to be infected one by one, and each machine was 100% encrypted.

We lost the stored information of 9 unfinished projects which we were planning on releasing in September, 3 custom projects, Access to our Paypal accounts, Fastspring account, Emails, Website, MS SQL databases were 100% encrypted as well, Secondary server which contained the public information example MySQL databases, demos, etc...

The worst part was, after every file was encrypted(.exe, .xls, .doc, .bak, .db, .zip, .bas, etc...) the notepad.exe was opened automatically and a message stating "We are very sorry for encrypting your windows", "Very sorry" this part is what really hit me hard, and there was a bitcoin address that they said if we paid them they we will restore 50% of the files which is completely false because after contacting many local online security companies they said that once a file is encrypted by a ransomware there is no way it can be restored again.

Long story short, we are still recovering the lost data through backups, External hard disks, personal laptops.

We have restored personal emails, the website and public source codes in the secondary server after contacting OVH which we are very thankful for them for helping us to restore the windows cloud backup so you can now download the source codes normally.

Please do bear with us until we restore everything and we are back online.

15 B4X PMs, 93 Emails, 29 Telegram messages, and this post, Thank you B4X family, don't worry no matter how hard we got hit we will get up and continue creating and contributing, in the end "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger ;) "

Thank you,
Saif

Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Glad to see you back. We were a bit worried here....
Hope you will soon sort out everything and recover your data structure and sources.
As to the sources, using your download links, hopefully, they are not infected 🤔:)

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Glad to see you back. We were a bit worried here....
Hope you will soon sort out everything and recover your data structure and sources.
As to the sources, using your download links, hopefully, they are not infected 🤔:)
Hello Dear,

Thank you my dear for your kind words ❤️

The secondary server which contains the public source codes was restored via cloud windows server backup so don't worry it doesn't contain any virus because we restored a 1 month earlier version of the server :)

Thank you,
Saif

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just glad to see you and your colleagues are fit and well apart from the stresses caused by the idiots that caused you all the headaches

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
The usual bad Italian companies!

Did you report it to the Italian Postal Police? Since if it spread such a powerful virus without having infected itself evidently it is the culprit, right?
Hello Dear,

It's not their fault, the virus was nested in their projects without them knowing.

We reported the issue to them so they can remove it and take security measures from their side as well.

90% of the viruses run by a certain trigger for example, clipboard, antivirus scan, a certain date and time, etc.. so in this case the virus triggered once it was scanned.

also it was our fault as well for not double checking and double scanning.

By the way, their apology email was 3 pages long, so we are 100% sure it's not their fault.

Thank you,
Saif

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tried it, Makop Hope ransomware virus is not listed, we even tried the Kaspersky and McAfee ransomware removals but both of them said, "unable to detect the encryption algorithm"

We then contacted a local Microsoft certified company that is specialized in restoring and fixing damaged hard disks but after 3 days of trying they couldn't restore 1% of the data.

jerry07

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just got on this thread and ... wow!
Good to hear that you and Team are good. Very unfortunate what happen to you guys but I hope you can restore all or most of the data.

yaqoob

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am happy that you are back and O.K. We were worried because you respond fast to the emails. I hope you will sort out everything and recover your data as soon as possible.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Saif,

Glad that you are Ok, Sad that you are facing such a trouble.

I have the codes, many members here too, you have distributed. If need be we can send them back to you to put on the server.
We all are ready to help you in whatever manner we can.

SimonAndroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @sfsameer,

I wrote you on all the places I knew post, forum, Facebook .. etc.. I am very happy to hear you active on the forum, we were all very worried, I am very sorry for what happened to you but I am happy that you are well in health, with this COVID you never know what is a dangerous virus.

For now a big hug and good luck for your work see you soon

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, is B4xCode down again, hope things aren't as bad as they were and you're up and running soon Saif and team

Blueforcer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Apart from his broken website, he´s not active anymore on all other platforms (Facebook, twitter, youtube, email etc). I wrote him on all platforms i could found.
So I think that his server problem might be his smallest problem.
Hopefully nothing bad happend to him... 🙏