Android Question B4XDrawer - Title partially under the Statusbar

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using this Example.

The Titlebar is partially under the statusbar at the top.

Edit to add: The Statusbar on the S10 seems higher than on other Devices (as the front camera is positioned there too )

It looks like it happens to all apps using AppCompat on my Device (Samsung S10).
Is there something i need to adapt?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What happens with this example: [B4X] B4XPages + B4XDrawer ?
There is no colored statusbar but the Page is shown as expected. Means the page(s) are correctly after the statusbar.

There is no AppCompat used here btw which was not what i wanted. I want implement a AppCompat Design.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is no AppCompat used here btw.
I know. Truth is that there is less and less reasons to use AppCompat. AppCompat was very important when Android 4 was popular and it brought the material theme features to Android 4. Now you can just discard the old Android 4 devices.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know. Truth is that there is less and less reasons to use AppCompat. AppCompat was very important when Android 4 was popular and it brought the material theme features to Android 4. Now you can just discard the old Android 4 devices.
I understand.

Can i use a colored Statusbar without using AppCompat?

Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can try from manifest:
B4X:
CreateResource(values, theme.xml,
<resources>
    <style name="PTheme" parent="@android:style/Theme.Holo.NoActionBar">
    </style>  
</resources>)

CreateResource(values-v21, theme.xml,
<resources>
  <style name="PTheme" parent="@android:style/Theme.Material.Light">
        <item name="android:windowNoTitle">true</item>
        <item name="android:windowActionBar">false</item>
        <item name="android:textColor">#000000</item> <!-- menu text,, msgbox title -->
        <item name="android:textColorSecondary">#AAAAAA</item> <!-- inactive editText line,, scrollbar -->
        <item name="android:colorPrimary">#B72E2D</item> <!-- action bar -->
        <item name="android:colorPrimaryDark">#CA343A</item> <!-- status bar -->
        <item name="android:colorAccent">#AC3433</item> <!-- checkboxes,, switches,, etc. -->
        <item name="android:colorControlNormal">#BBBBBB</item> <!-- inactive checkboxes -->
        <item name="android:navigationBarColor">#FFFFFF</item> <!-- system buttons navigation bar -->    
    </style>
</resources>)

<item name="android:colorPrimaryDark">#CA343A</item> <!-- status bar -->

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…