iOS Question B4XLocalizator problem

james_sgp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I`m using B4XLocalizator perfectly on Android, but when using the code from the demo in by B4i app; when the 'RootPanel.Remove..." & "RootPanel.Load..." they screw up the layout. I`m using Designer scripts which work ok without the two calls.

It also shows panels that were previously hidden, very confused by this behavior.

(I`m a B4i newbie, so apologies if its something stupid)

James

james_sgp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,
Here you go (its a very chopped down version of the app, but still has the problem), I`m running it in the Simulator; but as your demo works I`m guessing that isn`t a problem.

James

Attachments

• V-Analyzer.zip
    181.2 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. This is not needed:
B4X:
Dim DataDB As String                : DataDB= "data.db"
Better to write it like this:
B4X:
Dim DataDB As String = "data.db"

2. I don't recommend using TableView especially if you are building cross platform solutions. Use xCustomListView.

3. All the views except of TableView should be declared as B4XView.

4. The layout is not built correctly. It will be much simpler to split it into several layout files. This will allow you to use anchors and remove the designer script code.

5. You either need to show the NavControl Toolbar or handle the safe area: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/iphone-x-safe-area.88095/#content

I was able to change the language. What are the steps to see the problem?

Upvote 0

james_sgp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

Yes, language changing works, but then extra panels appear when you close the language panel (the About panel), and also the orange rectangle on the main page. This is what I was saying, I don`t understand why these appear...

James

Upvote 0

james_sgp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here are the steps I go through and see the problem

Run app - compiles and run in Simulator
Click MENU - burger at bottom right
Click LANGUAGE
Click any language option
App refreshes with new language (correct...)

BUT...
When you click CLOSE on the Language panel, the About Panel is visible; close that...and the System_msg panel (orange outline) is also visible. Neither of these were turned to visible before opening the Language panel?

James

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

james_sgp

Licensed User
Longtime User
But i need to do that for the language change right?
Ah ha...ok u made me think...so I should make the object invisible in the designer by default?

Upvote 0

james_sgp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,
Yes, I am aware of the other items you mentioned. I`m working on changing those, but having difficulties...
I don`t understand how to load multiple layout files in B4i, it doesn`t seem as intuative as B4a.

Upvote 0