B4J Question B4XPages Main Page Question

tseyfarth

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all,

I am a newbie trying to get my mind wrapped around how the B4X works with regard to the MainPage.

The goal is to build an iOS and Android app that will incorporate BlueTooth.

To understand the MainPage, what exactly should the MainPage be, and is it like a default page?

For example,
1 would a login screen be the main page?
2 Would a splash screen be the main page?
3. While using the app, does the MainPage ever get removed from memory - ie destroyed?
4. If it should not be the login or splash (which is doubtful for me) what then should it be?

While on the subject, I would like to have BlueTooth running in the background, even if the app is stopped or logged out of the app? What is that called and where would I look up something like that to see a sample - not the BT, but to have a part of the app (called what?) running so that the BT is always looking for a connection?

From the sample code I have seen, it *appears* like everything *must* go through the main page. Is this correct? If so, is the MainPage more like a central function or method that other languages have (like Xojo) that then is used to launch different forms or pages? If that is the case, does the MainPage need to be an actual *page*?

Thanks in advance, hopefully this will help clarify how it all works for me!

Tim

teddybear

Licensed User
If I understand it is correct.

1 would a login screen be the main page?
A:It can be yes or no. it depends on how you do it
2 Would a splash screen be the main page?
A:It can be yes or no, ditto.
3. While using the app, does the MainPage ever get removed from memory - ie destroyed?
A:No.
4. If it should not be the login or splash (which is doubtful for me) what then should it be?
A:It is main page.

Upvote 0