Android Question b4xpages without .bal file at all

I would like to know, if is it possible to use b4xpages library with no need to have .bal file in The compiled project. If I remove .bal file and The reference to it from .B4a file, app crashes. Android system UI report error, that app has stopped. I do not know how to remove The default generated button with its text Click from .bal file by using GUI designer. Simply pressing Del key do not remove it when I open The project and if I run The designer from The menu.

Here is The code. Android 4.1 report error that app has stopped. Android 8.0 return very quickly to The desktop launcher so GUI can not be created at all. I AM using latest B4A from The server. I Am very sorry that I AM intruding with projects without GUI designer. But really, for now, coding GUI directly without GUI designer is my onlyone chance. There is currently no similar simple, powerful and up to date Basic based language with so many libraryes support and with Android service support. There is very probably The biggest concentration of The Elite Java programmers around The Deutschland country. And there are no so friendly forum available as B4A forum. So thank you for your help if it will be possible.

Attachments

• Example.zip
    9 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 0
Thank you very much for your professional advice. I will be able to use my favourite B4Xpages library, because it even support my old little device reliably. GUI designer also seems to Me more and more accessible as I have thought before. Yesterday I have found out, that it is possible to add members and I can even choose what I would like to do. For now, The biggest accessibility issue of B4A is main editable field, which is inaccessible for screen readers for now. If it would be repaired on future, designer could be used. Sure, visually impaired programmer will be never able to look at his GUI and choose good width, height in Pixels but somebody kind could tune The created GUI because .bal files can be perfectly shared among The people and whole B4A projects. I also think, that if user will be using B4A designer, it is more likely that his code will reliably work across various Android versions. B4A designer contain add member feature with checkbox and comboboxes or similar wiev, so I could even create events for Edit or I could create several buttons with Sub click assigments. So It is necessary to patiently study B4A designer guide, menus and it is good practice to use build in object navigation of NVDA screen reader. If you could convince The core developers of special .dlls which you are using to display GUI of B4A so main editable field could be compatible with screen readers, it would mean a real programmers revolution for many visually impaired B4A potentional programmers. Because there is currently no similar Basic language based environment with so good support, with so many friendly developers in The forum. And especially, there is no other Basic based language for Android with so advanced group of Java developers, who are so kind that they are coding complex libraryes for B4A so complex Java work is not on B4A users. This is making B4A really advanced and professional solution even for users with very basic development knowledge. Java code which react on source code of B4A is also very professionally optimized. No memory allocations leaks at all. It would had to be complex to create such Java code so professionally. So really, very well done advanced programmers here.

Upvote 0