iOS Question Background mode options

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
My app needs to run in the background to continue to communicate and log data from a WiFi adapter.

I have this working now by using the code from the Background location example.

Are there other options for the Background "reason"? What I mean is I use the following line which has a string of "location" which is what I am calling "reason".
B4X:
#PlistExtra: <key>UIBackgroundModes</key><array><string>location</string></array>
What other choices are there besides "location"? Is there a WiFi string I should be using since that is the main reason the app needs to run in the background. The app also logs location data but that is secondary and is not always needed if the adapter indicates no movement possible.

For now I need to have the app keep GPS On or the app will stop running in the background. To save power it would be best if when the WiFi adapter signals no movement possible GPS could be stopped but the app continue to run getting data from the WiFi adapter.

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I would be trying to upload the app to iTunes Connect and get it released to the app store. So it must follow the appropriate guidelines.

Looks like I would mark it as "external-accessory" instead of "location".

Upvote 0