Android Question Barcode scanning and keyboard input

nibbo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello again, more questions...
I have paired with Bluetooth barcode reader which I have changed to serial mode to allow the keyboard and scanner to be used together. How do I detect when something has been scanned and retrieve the scanned data?
Thanks

Last edited:

GaNdAlF89

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @GaNdAlF89 did you actually copy and past my code from above?
Yes I did; I tried also your code above, and the result is the same (success=false in scanner_connected event).

Have you made sure that your barcode scanner is set to SPP mode enabled?
Yes I'm sure; I set the barcode scanner to SPP mode by scanning its qrcode from quick-start guide, that I found in the box of the OPN.

Also in the barcode scanner device properties in your Android settings, try removing the check box for the barcode scanner that says 'Input Device' (leave it blank), make sure it is unchecked, well I always do just to be on the safe side...
There isn't the 'Input Device' checkbox in the barcode scanner device properties, here there are only two functions: 'Rename' and 'Unpair', nor in the Language and input settings.

I own the following barcode scanners, these are the sellers that I usually buy my scanners from. I order them directly as I usually sell them to clients who want cheaper scanners, I will supply high quality scanners if I'm asked to do so though.

The CT10 is really sturdy for the price, it's great and scanned everything, even smudged labels. I class the CT20 as a toy, but it works really well and I have no complaints.
Portable: CT20 = http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014...-for-iPhone-tablet-PC-pad-IOS/1676822728.html
Handheld: CT10 = http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...r-Code-reader-support-for-IOS/1983330542.html
Thanks, I will take a look at these.

After checking the specifications on your very expensive OPN-3002n handdeld scanner, I can't see any reason why the above code should not work @GaNdAlF89...
Right, but I don't understand the reason why it doesn't work; unfortunately this is the result. At this point I will try with another device...

I thank you very much, for the support and for the time you dedicated me. ;-)

Upvote 0

MarcRB

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi,

I do have a little problem in the new data event.

I use code39 barcodes with always five printed numbers. i.e. values can be 00007, 00876 or 48751
if the numeric value is shorter then a five lenght number, there is a prefix with zero's printed on the barcodelabel.
so i'm sure all codes contains five numbers and do have the same lenght.

the new data event only returns the last 4 numbers. where is the first number? scanning code 95487 results in 5487
i do use the utf8 property do i need to change this?

Upvote 0

MarcRB

Licensed User
Longtime User
after resetting the barcodescanner it works good.
So i think there was some string manupulation setting set to the hardware of the reader.

Now it works pretty good.

Upvote 0