Android Question Base Station Cell near

PACHODURAN1974

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi friends, this is me first message, sorry for me english

Need your Help for.

Is posible with some library obtain info of all BTS (Base Station Cell) near the mi cellular. All BTS?

In GMS, UMTS and LTE.

thanks

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
... obtain info of all BTS (Base Station Cell) near the mi cellular. All BTS?

the short answer is no.

all cellular providers are supposed to publish information relating to their cell towers, but they don't do it.

second, your device will only see towers on your provider's network. technically, it is possible for a device to identify towers from
another network, but i believe this is a hardware issue. plus, i believe you see different towers depending on whether or not you
have data turned on. i know i do.

there are 2 ways to approach cell tower information:
1) supply your gps coordinates to a service that has compiled a list of cell tower locations. it will tell you what's around you.
2) locate nearby cell towers serving your phone's particular network.

the people who compile lists of cell towers (google, among others) do it for the purpose of geolocation, not providing the
information relating to a particular tower. i won't ask what you think you're going to do with such information. don't tell me; i
don't want to know.

as for a service that has a built a list of cell towers, there are a number available. they provide an api, and at least
some offer limited free service. there is no question in my mind that google has the largest such list.
they built it thanks to us - their customers - who supply cell tower information all day every day from their android devices. but,
as i mentioned above, the purpose of google's fusedlocationprovider (for which there is a B4A library) is to geolocate you, not
identify particular cell towers. that information does not appear to be exposed in the library. and i don't know if it can be derived
from the original source. google may not be allowed to reveal that information. especially since they could charge you for it.

a provider with an api that i have used is https://unwiredlabs.com. you're welcome to try them. they have a list of cell towers
(and wifi stations) ready to geolocate you. and if you have a cell tower's id, i believe the api will return information and location
to you. but with all the towers going up and changing hands, you're limited to the completeness of unwiredlabs' list. i had no
issue with that service when i used it, but i only used it for geolocation in the days before google's fusedlocationprovider.

Upvote 0