Basic4android v1.60 beta version is released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The first beta version of v1.60 will be released shortly.
The main new feature in this version is support for home screen widgets: http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4andr...roid-home-screen-widgets-tutorial-part-i.html

Other features:
- IDE supports Android SDK 2.2 or above.
- String.Contains, LastIndexOf, LastIndexOf2.
- Fix for Honeycomb spinner issue.
- "Do not overwrite manifest option" added to project properties. An example manifest is created when this option is selected allowing you to compare the two manifests.
- RndSeed keyword.
- Activity KeyUp event.
- Phone.HideKeyboard method.
- Spinner.TextColor / TextSize
- Designer - Create new variant - list of standard variants now appears.
- Tools - IDE Options - Timeout value.
- A combo box with the list of subs appears in the upper tool bar.
- Service_Start method now gets the starting intent (optionally).
- Activity.GetStartingIntent / SetActivityResult - makes it possible to return results to 3rd party applications.
- Handling of applications started by services improved. Services will not restart automatically if the process was stopped.
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements.

Backwards compatibility issue
- The phone object in Phone library was changed. As most of its methods do not require any permission, the methods that do require the READ_STATE permission were moved to PhoneId and the vibrate method that requires the VIBRATE permission was moved to PhoneVibrate. This change helps with minimizing the required permissions.

The Intent object has also moved from the phone library to the core library.

dealsmonkey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice set of updates, congrats..

Does the "Do not overwrite manifest option", mean that we will not need to make a manifest read only ?

Upvote 0

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

I marked one of my manifest files as not read-only, and re-compiled with the new beta version. It reset the version numbers in the manifest file to 1.

Is this expected behaviour? Will need to manually change the version number again?

Thank you.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Something's broke compiling :(

Cannot find: C:\Android\android-sdk-windows\tools\aapt.exe
Please configure paths (Tools - Configure Paths).

There is an aapt.exe separately located for each platforms\android-x\tools folder. Do I need to start again and install the latest Android SDK?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I got this problem, too :(

Upvote 0

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I copy aapt.exe from "android-sdk-windows/platforms/android-8/tools" to "android-sdk-windows/tools" and it worked! :D

Upvote 0

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks guys. What threw me off first is that I expected it to be some extension of Rnd, then when I tried just typing in "RndSeed(", the usual type of prompt didn't come up, such as "RndSeed(number as Int)", so I figured that was a wrong format too.

But it is working for me now. Really appreciate it!!

Upvote 0