I think that on the first page it is necessary to specify the version - 6.90
No page numbering.

I will translate into Russian...
Ок?

:cool:

Last edited:

ExcludeReality

Licensed User
Excellent book! This is what I call litterature!
It covers everything about Basic4ppc, like a Bible for coders. You might call it the K&R of Basic4ppc.
I liked the part about good user interfaces, which is something I think a lot of people need help with.

Ariel_Z

Licensed User
Thank you very much everybody... It's good to hear this feedback... And of course, I will be glad to have your feedback - whenever you find mistakes or if you have suggestions, please let me know about them - since the book is published the remarks here above and some other have already been fixed.

I really appreciate the feedback!

Ariel

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Ariel,​

In reading the book I found some typos:​

page 287
The upper left pixel is 0,0 and the lower right pixel in this example is 1024,768.
shuld be
The upper left pixel is 0,0 and the lower right pixel in this example is 1023,767.​

page 288
the arrows and grid are not aligned​

page 291
- shouldn't WVGA resolution be 480 / 800 ?
- is 400 / 800 a standard resolution ?​

page 296
like you deed many times before
like you did many times before​

page 298
the link for the source code is corrupted​

page 301
The combination grates a number
The combination creates a number ?​

page 323
Basic4ppc does not allow introduces a unique way of accessing objects
allow introduces ?​

page 345
Images are also replaces and stretched ?​

Suggestion:
In the table of content it would be useful to have a link to the beginning of the chapters when clicking on a line.​

Best regards.​

Ariel_Z

Licensed User
Thank you Klaus and Filippo

Klaus - thank you for the comments - all are fixed. I'm sure there are more, so please don't hesitate to say...

As for the links - I'm having troubles with the conversion to pdf, meanwhile links from the Table of Contents cannot be created. I hope I'll fix it in a few days.

The link to the source is fixed.

preeti

thanks..But the download link is inactive now..says:
"Oh no… seems the page that you have requested does not exist, or has been moved."
Another Download Link please!!!

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Ariel,

I read another chapter and found some typos:

page 7
In order to display proper error messages on the device, and additional file is required.
In order to display proper error messages on the device, an additional file is required.

page 8
It is deriving from the BASIC language syntax which has inspired hundred of languages worldwide
It is deriving from the BASIC language syntax which has inspired hundreds of languages worldwide

page 12
It assumes no previous knowledge. Experienced programmers might find it to packed:
It assumes no previous knowledge. Experienced programmers might find it too packed:

page 15
Now go to File – Save. Choose a folder, give you program the name
Now go to File – Save. Choose a folder, give your program the name

page 19
message box based user interface we created the previous section
message box based user interface we created in the previous section

Suggestion:
- insist more on giving meaningful names to controls for example on pages 24-25 replace Button1 by btnPressToToggle.
- give a list with the 3 character prefixes for the different controls.
I have too often seen Button1, Button2 etc. even tenths of them. And it's very difficult to follow this kind of code. Especially for beginners I find it important to inculcate from the beginning good practice.

Please don't take this as pedantry, but as an encouragement to your excellent job.

Best regards.

Ariel_Z

Licensed User
Hi Klaus,

As always I'm as grateful as can be to see your corrections... And I think your suggestions are just right. Typos will be fixed right away, I guess code samples will take a bit longer as I have to run each to see I did not ruin anything. There is yet the issue with links with no explicit "www" at the beginning which still don't work. Please don't hesitate a second if you find more.

The more you find mistakes the less are left unrevealed...

Ariel