Basic4ppc version 5.80 is released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to announce the release of Basic4ppc version 5.80.
This version adds support for Windows Mobile Smartphone devices.
Other improvements are listed here: www.b4x.com/news.html

All users with a valid license will receive an email with download instructions.
Other users will receive an email with an upgrade offer.

The email should arrive in a day or two.

Louis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, Great News! And thanks for adding IntPtr! Also, if my device doesn't have .net CF 2.0 installed, then do the PPC executables and smartphone executables target .net CF 1.0? Is there a way to ensure this? If the Windows exe target .NET 2 then that's fine. Thanks.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The compilation process was changed in this version.
If you are asked to find a file named ilasm.exe then your computer is probably not installed with .Net Framework 1.1.
Press cancel and install it: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&DisplayLang=en
Do not use other versions of ilasm.exe as it will not work properly.
Basic4ppc copies ilasm.exe to its own folder: c:\Program Files\Anywhere Software\Basic4ppc Desktop
So if you've already found a wrong version of ilasm.exe then you should delete it from Basic4ppc folder to allow it to find the right version.

Steve

Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulations on a new release! I just received the upgrade pricing E-mail and am wondering what the difference is between B4P Standard and Enterprise. I see that Enterprise includes upgrades whereas Standard does not, so would that mean if I upgrade to Standard from the registered 5.00 license I use now, I would have to pay a similar amount to upgrade to 6? What if I wait for the other speed improvements in 6.0 before purchasing an upgrade? Cash has been tight lately, so I want to be sure I understand how this new scheme works before I decide which upgrade path to take.

- All my best,
- Steve

bdiscount

Licensed User
bad day

it was my problem it didn't dnld. added a char wasn't there but now I dnlded it 3 times but can't unzip. Could it be me again. getting discouraged since I wanted those changes since V4.
:sign0013:

EDit: Tried the winzip and I still get bad archive. I did unzip trial version of 5.8 ok.

Last edited:

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hurray :sign0060::sign0060::sign0060:
Received the upgrade pricing E-mail and bought an enterprise version.

So I'm prepaired for three more years of basic4ppc fun ahead... :D

ClarkVent

Licensed User
I noticed that this latest update is no longer free for me to download. Since I can't really seem to remember, when I bought the program, did I buy a license for a certain amount of time?