Basic4ppc version 5.80 is released

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hhumm....:cool::sign0148:

Waiting, waiting.....got to inbox, 0 new mails, waiting , wating, go to inbox, :sign0161:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Cablleguy: You should have received it by now.
I will send it to you again.

The upgrade email was sent to all users. If you still didn't receive anything, please contact [email protected]

Just in case i did just sent a message to the support e-mail...

Thanks..

Btw, if you can remember my e-mail is no longer the on I registered at the forum, or the one with wich I purchased my license....

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Errr.....

Erel the "[email protected]" is bouncing back...saying there no user with that name in destination server...This strikes me as odd!!? and You?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
waiting, waiting, go to inbox, 1 new message,:sign0060::sign0060:

dhillinmkewi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Support Erel and Anywhere

C'mon guys - Just get the Enterprise and make a commitment to someone who has long been committed to us. Erel and Anywhere Software deserves our support...even if the free upgrades were not provided.

Thanks, Erel - keep developing those wonderful updates!

jseger

Licensed User
Longtime User
Problems compiling to device or windows with new version

Hi, I just upgrade to the latest release and I'm having some problems. I saw the post on the ilasm.exe issue and I resolved that by following your .net link and installing. I did have to manually find and move the ilasm.exe. For some reason it didn't just find it on it's own. Now it gets past that problem only to be stopped because it can't find /yad/yad.exe whatever that is. That's if I compile for the device. If I try compiling for the windows exe I get a can't find mahshev\mahshev.exe. I've tried repairing the install. That didn't do anything. I even uninstalled it and re-installed and get the same results.

I may be missing something obvious here but any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks. John

Dieter45

Licensed User
Didn't receive upgrade information

Hello,
i did not receive your upgrade information until now.
could you please check your database, i bought your Software in May 2007.

Dieter

BjornF

Licensed User
Longtime User
yad/yad.exe and fusion.dll

I have been working with the version 5.80 on a Pc with XP and everything worked ok, however when I got a new computer with Vista I have run into some problems when trying to compile for the device. First the Ilasm.exe, just like JSeger I had to manually copy and paste it after having to run .Net 1.1.

I still get an error message however :( Ilasm.exe can't find "fusion.dll"
if I then press ok, I get an error message saying that the file "...\yad\yad.exe" is missing. (If I try to compile for the Pc then just as JSeger said I get a missing "Mahshev.exe".)

I am running from an administrator account, and I have even turned off the "User Account Control".

Anyone got 3.80 to work under Vista? And how?

All the best / Björn

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Follow these steps:
1. Delete ilasm.exe from c:\program files\Anywhere Software\Basic4ppc Desktop.
2. I understand that you've already installed Microsoft .Net 1.1, if not install it:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&DisplayLang=en
3. Depending on your security settings you might be forced to run Basic4ppc as an administrator:
Locate Dbasic.exe in the same folder, right click on it - choose Compatibility tab - Run As Administrator.

BjornF

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks

I have never experienced a "help-answer" coming so fast, 10 min response time! :)

Thank you, that solved the problem.

all the best / Björn